• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Norton Ghost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton Ghost

Hello all i have been into computers for a long time and i have finally decided to go to college and get some bits of paper that say i can do what i can do.

My first bit of advice would be to useres who have just bought a pc or reinstalling or doing a fix is to use something called nortan ghost it is basically a disk imaging software that basically copies all your settings and files on your computer at the time of the copy.

Once you have done this put the disk (cd) in some fluffy wool and in a book on a shelve i have done this (honest).

Then from now on if you get into any tyrouble or lose any files or settings, you can easily reienstall using GhOsT you just pop the disk back in and bob's your uncle also it saves loads of time aswell if you are reinstalling using the op disk it can take upto an hour with the GhOsT about 10mins each time Highley recomeneded amongst techies.

Norton Ghost

For the past couple of years i have been obtaining old pc's and basically doing them up and making a bit of money. Normally id format the hard drive put a new version of xp on and then connect to the internet and download avg, malewarebytes anti maleware and put office 2003 on it.

Now that normally takes me about 2 hours if everything goes smoothly lol.

I thought there must be a qwicker way of doing this (ENTER NORTON GHOST)

Now this is a disk imaging software that basically makes a copy of your C drive and you can put it on to a disk with all stated above it would fit on to a regular 4.7gb dvd.

So now all im doing is formatting a hard drive using ge parted to format takes about 2mins and then use ghost norton to load the image onto the new hard drive and it takes about 30mins for everything so in total about 32mins instead of 2 hours.

What a great bit of software.

God bless symantec.

Comment

Re: Norton Ghost

With XP you can use the inbuilt sysprep tool and deploy the images with ghost.

How to use Sysprep with Ghost

I have used the method on occasion..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X