• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto IV

Is there a way i can speed up my PC?

The problem i`m having with he game is it usually slows down and becomes jerky which makes the game unplayabe, after about 1 hour (On average, it has been known to slow after 10 mins). When its working it works perfectly.

According to the game site my system meets the requirements to play the game.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

2 easy ways to improve performance (according to my OH-super computer geek))

1, add more memory
    2, change to better performing graphics card

Apparently systems requirements on games sites are normally minimums to run the game... not to get the best out of the game.?!?

Please dont ask me questions I have no idea what any of ^^^^ means
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Also turn OFF anything that you don't need running in the background.

The more carp going on the slower it will be.
      Also adjust the video effects and quality along with the resolution.

Now does your system meet the minimum or recommended specs for this game ?

Comment

MS Windows XP servive pack 3
        AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 5200+
        2 Gig Ram (possibly could do with more)
        NVidia GeForce 8800 GS (more than the minimum required)

ive disabled stuff i dont need when windows boots, reduced the graphics dunno what else to dom prolly need more ram

Comment

That sounds like way more than required.
          Might be worth just running the normal maintenance stuff through it and clean out the normal M$ cludge.

Comment

the thing is i`ve defragged, ran C-Cleaner and ran spyware, malware, adware progs, i`m at a loss

Comment

Are there any available patches for the game as it sounds like a memory leak issue.

Comment

very well could be a work in progress, a lot of ppl have been having probs with the game. already downloded a few patches forit, will look for a new one. whats a memory leak?

Comment

A memory leak is where a program continues to grab as much memory as possible without releasing it when it's not needed.

If you can imagine an ever expanding balloon.

Comment

that makes sense, that why the game plays perfectly for for a while and a reboot sorts out the problem.

surely this should have been adressed in the beta stage

Comment

Computer games, by nature, are forever pushing the limits of PC Power. It's a major part of the reason why a sleek 'all-bells-whistling' PC is usually out of date within 6 months !!

The more complex the game, the more power, memory, hi-res graphics it needs. There are few games that come onto the market that are bug free. Even the most popular usually have patches available within weeks of the general first release of the game.

First port of call whenever you install a game (especially one that is in the 'bargain' section and therefore has been around for while) is to check the manufacturers website for patches/updates. It can be a pin-in-the-ass I know. Bought Warhammer Online for my boy at Christmas and then found the first thing I had to do was to load a patch file that was a whopping 392Mb in size. Broadband has made it far easier for this type of thing nowadays, but even with broadband 392Mb Patch file is eye-watering and extremely inconvenient when you have a 12 year-old eagerly awaiting playing of his new game that has taken 30 mins to install and now has to wait another 20-30 mins for the patch to download and install.

Unfortunate fact of life Sol I'm afraid

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X