• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP anti virus for dummy please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP anti virus for dummy please

Hi peeps
    Should I buy anti virus thingy majjiggy or can I safely download it from somewhere and am a cabbage with computers so please keep it simple.......My commy very slow me thinks I got a virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Re: HELP anti virus for retard please

Hi Gobby,

Try this very good advice from Curlyben

Antivirus - LittleSally - Legal Beagles
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

There is little need to purchase an anti-virus solution when there are excellent products available for FREE

Time for some maintenance me thinks....

Comment

Here is some more info for you

AVG 7.5 confusion - Legal Beagles

Securing Your Web Browser - Legal Beagles

Is My Anti-virus Software Bogus? - Legal Beagles

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          There is little need to purchase an anti-virus solution when there are excellent products available for FREE

Time for some maintenance me thinks....
          OMG its going to take a blooming lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Comment

AVG 8 is excellent ... and free (as PK shows). I've used it for a number of years now (obviously through the different versions) and find it very good.

A tidy free Firewall is Commodo. Works very similar to Zone Alarm (which I used to like but now has far too many issues and bugs for my liking)

Comment

Downloaded spybot and avg thingy majjiggy..........I had 23 trojans and over 150 viruses....Its now working faster BUT when i switch my lappy on it automatically does a spybot search and destroy scan thingy and it takes about 30 mins which is a ball ache...........What have I done wrong lol.......Keep it simple guys!!
              Also can you link me again to the defrag thingy
              Thanks #xx

Comment

In the Spybot settings you can have it do a scan when you boot up, you just have to turn this option off, or you can just minimise the screen and carry on working.

Comment

Here is a quick screen shot of where to find the option

Comment

Hi Gobby,

I just let it run, as Pkea says just minimise the screen
                    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Just to break down what PK has posted.

At the TOP click MODE and ADVANCED.
                      Say OK to the message
                      Click SETTINGS
                      Click SETTINGS in the new menu
                      Look for AUTOMATION
                      Then SYSTEM START
                      Set it to NO AUTOMATION and UNCHECK all the boxes under that.

All Done

Best to change it back to DEFAULT MODE to keeps things simple.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X