• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Word 03

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word 03

Does anybody know how I can set the spellchecker to stay at English UK rather than US?
    And why when I go back to insert something it erases the letters, so for example if I typed

stpid and then tried to correct it, it would show as stuid and not accept the extra letter?

Its driving me nuts.
    Last edited by Emerald; 21st August 2008, 20:10:PM.

Re: Word 03

Not sure with the spell checker, but the overwriting is probably because you've hit 'insert' between the keypad and the number pad.

Comment

You not only have to change the language in the actaul application, ie word, excel

There is also a program called 'Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings' which you need to change as well, or it will just revert back every time

Also if you go into your computer language/keyboard settings and set it to UK and delete US

Comment

To add to PK's post.
        The language can be set in Tools > Languages > Set Language > Pop up box > Highlight English (UK) and click Default.

Is the Detect Language Auto checked ?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
          Not sure with the spell checker, but the overwriting is probably because you've hit 'insert' between the keypad and the number pad.
          Computers aren't my thing, so how would I change it?

Originally posted by PKea View Post
          You not only have to change the language in the actaul application, ie word, excel

There is also a program called 'Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings' which you need to change as well, or it will just revert back every time

Also if you go into your computer language/keyboard settings and set it to UK and delete US
          Where would I find that and how would I do it?
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          To add to PK's post.
          The language can be set in Tools > Languages > Set Language > Pop up box > Highlight English (UK) and click Default.

Is the Detect Language Auto checked ?
          Hey thanks, I've changed it, not sure about the detect language auto check though?
          Last edited by Emerald; 21st August 2008, 20:16:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald View Post
            Computers aren't my thing, so how would I change it?
            Hitting it once will give you 'typeover/delete' and once again will allow you to 'insert' text. It should show at the bottom which one is on.

Comment

Emerald, the check box is at the bottom of the Language pop up box.

Also the Office 2003 Language Settings tool is normally located here;
              Start > All programs > Microsoft Office > MS Office Tools > MS Office 2003 Language Tools

This might work:
              Code:
              C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Start%20Menu/Programs/Microsoft%20Office/Microsoft%20Office%20Tools/Microsoft%20Office%202003%20Language%20Settings.lnk
              Open My computer > Copy and paste the above link from the code box.
              SHould open the language tools setter.
              Last edited by Curlyben; 21st August 2008, 20:26:PM.

Comment

Yes curly it is detect automatically and it is now default for UK.

What I have at the bottom of the doc is OVR - and hovering says Overtype? is this the same thing Amy?

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald View Post
                  What I have at the bottom of the doc is OVR - and hovering says Overtype? is this the same thing Amy?
                  That'll be why it's deleting then. Press the 'insert' button again which is between the main keyboard and the number pad and it will change to 'typeover'.

Comment

Thanks guys, its all sorted, I can now get on with what I am writing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X