• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

motorhome scam & barclays bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorhome scam & barclays bank

hi folks im mcvitties joined the forum today 8/1/14,just a quick note to let you know about a scam involving motorhomes and Barclays bank dont know if its linked to the cars on ebay & gumtree sites. The scam I was scammed on is on motorhomesforsale.co.uk,the vehicle was a bessecarr e725 4 berth on a fiat ducato I was looking to buy a newer motorhome as the one I have the moment is a 1991 Talbot express highwayman 320 4 berth. i spotted this vehicle for sale read the details and thought that's the vehicle I would like to own i started the process of contacting the seller by email, a few days had pasted not heard anything so forgot all about it .so I started looking for another van on the same site not having any luck I was going to leave searching until after xmas then to my amazement a email came into my inbox, it was the seller saying he still had the motorhome for sale and he wanted £3,350.00 for it. I thought all my birthdays had come at once, he said he was in the army based on the isle of man on training as he was going overseas on the 20/12/13 for 6 months and did not want to leave the van stood for that length of time so he decided to sell it, he said the sale would go through google wallet and he would contact them to send me the paperwork in a email, I received the email from google wallet on how the transaction would go along with their terms & conditions. The name he used was john burridge the google wallet was through Barclays bank account name paytimofte account number 83338010 sort code 20-27-49. I transferred the money £3,350.00 into the google account which should of stayed in that account for 10 days until I had received the vehicle and given it a good look over and got in touch with google wallet to confirm I was keeping the vehicle they would then release the funds to the seller, the vehicle did not come on the delivery date so I started to look into why it had not been delivered I email john burridge straight away with no reply I contacted the bank with no joy I contacted action fraud, also my mp who is now dealing with the bank on my behalf. the bank checked the account to see if the funds were still in the google wallet account which they should of been as only 2 days had passed out of the 10 days that it should of been in the google wallet account for well. you guessed right it was not there it had been drawn out the same day as I transferred it in 2 hours later in fact I knew then I had been well & truly scammed.I hope this helps somebody so this does not happen to anyone else. there is another website if anyone is interested www.scamwarners.com
    Tags: None

Re: motorhome scam & barclays bank

Hi, sounds so similar to my horrible experience last year except I lost £5000 through a Barclay's account. The sort code placed the branch in Harlow, Essex. The police even have the guy on CTV but no arrest or my money yet! Geordielass.

Comment

hi, have you been in touch with your MP we have and hes looking into things for us we have also contacted watchdog . did you report this to action fraud aswell we did. please keep in touch and let us know how you get on

Comment

Hi also got scammed by autotrader advert and barclays account, reported to action fraud, autotrader, barclays all with no joy as no one wants to take any responsibility. Was recently asked via this forum to speak to BBC inside out program as they seem to want to listen. They have also interviewed action fraud, autotrader, MPs etc and hopefully they will get Barclays to listen, ever hopeful.

Comment

hi we got in touch with the ceo of Barclays bank his email address is antony.Jenkins@Barclays.com we sent him a full email of what had happened to us on sun 19/01/14. To are amazement we received a reply back by dinner time he is looking into the matter of what had happened and how Barclays fraud department had let us down he said he would be in touch by the end of the week we emailed him back thanking him and was looking forward to his reply will let you all know the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by mcvitties View Post
            hi we got in touch with the ceo of Barclays bank his email address is antony.Jenkins@Barclays.com we sent him a full email of what had happened to us on sun 19/01/14. To are amazement we received a reply back by dinner time he is looking into the matter of what had happened and how Barclays fraud department had let us down he said he would be in touch by the end of the week we emailed him back thanking him and was looking forward to his reply will let you all know the outcome.
            Hi we have suffered exactly the same experience as you have on 17th January 2014, we have also registered our concerns with the CEO of Barclays thanks to your post. (Fingers crossed all round) we just can't afford to lose such a lot of money!

Comment

Hi mcvitties here I would just like to let you all know that their is a motorhome for sale in Auto Trader make Compass Drifter 410 coach built diesel Reg W279NFG milage 73000 price £5,000 the advert says it is for sale in Farnborough and there is a Farnborough contact number . The person selling it is a woman called Evelyn Hale and when contacted she says she lives in Dundee. Although this motorhome is for sale in Auto Trader to buy it, it goes through Ebay . The bank account details are as follows Lloyds TSB account number 30844068 sort code 30-59-19 account name Karl Krzysztof Ryniec .THIS SO CALLED SCAMMER THINKS IM BUYING THIS MOTORHOME TOMORROW HOW WRONG SHE IS :bounce: hi just to let you know I have some more information to add new bank details to pay money into her account provided by Pay Pal the details are as follows BANK NAME METRO BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER 13593566 SORT CODE 23-05-80 BENEFICIARY GELU CREANGA
              Last edited by mcvitties; 27th January 2014, 19:30:PM. Reason: more information

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X