• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Adobe hacked - IMPORTANT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe hacked - IMPORTANT!

Hi,

I received this email a short while ago - it seems to be kosher, so I thought I'd better let everyone know, especially if any sensitive financial details are held.

Important Password Reset Information
    To view this message in a language other than English, please click here.

As we announced on October 3, 2013, we recently discovered that an attacker illegally entered our network and may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password. We currently have no indication that there has been unauthorized activity on your account.

To prevent unauthorized access to your account, we have reset your password. Please visitwww.adobe.com/go/passwordreset to create a new password. We recommend that you also change your password on any website where you use the same user ID or password. In addition, please be on the lookout for suspicious email or phone scams seeking your personal information.

We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause you. We value the trust of our customers and are working aggressively to prevent these types of events from occurring in the future. If you have questions, you can learn more by visiting our Customer Alert page, which you will find here.
    Adobe Customer Care
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: Adobe hacked - IMPORTANT!

I've also got an Adobe ID and didn't haven't had any emails from Adobe. :noidea:

Comment

Re: Adobe hacked - IMPORTANT!

I have an adobe account too on the 25th October but received the email on an old hotmail account, not the one that I officially registered with them. It seems legit and there are plenty of references to it on the website but odd nonetheless. Something else is the fact that they actually admit ALL information was lifted from the account then contradict it in the same statement.

On Adobe's blog on the 3rd October they stated

"Our investigation currently indicates that the attackers accessed Adobe customer IDs and encrypted passwords on our systems. We also believe the attackers removed from our systems certain information relating to 2.9 million Adobe customers, including customer names, encrypted credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates, and other information relating to customer orders. At this time, we do not believe the attackers removed decrypted credit or debit card numbers from our systems. We deeply regret that this incident occurred. We’re working diligently internally, as well as with external partners and law enforcement, to address the incident. We’re taking the following steps:"

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations...ouncement.html

Now you would think that they would contact everyone on the day rather than waiting 3 weeks would you not? I suppose that us Europeans are far enough away not to go after them directly and given the date of breach to date of notification means they feel it is OK if we get screwed over. Typical American mentality, they never want to properly deal with the problems they cause that extend beyond their borders. Hopefully the EU will stick em with a massive fine!!

Last edited by MDfrance; 2nd November 2013, 20:20:PM. Reason: insert contradiction reference
      I am not a legal professional

I will only comment and give advice in situations which I have experience that has been gained over the years in pre legal negotiation and redress. At the end of the day when there is a legal situation of life changing or serious consequence, always and I mean always seek professional advice from a solicitor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X