• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

gumtree scammers details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gumtree scammers details

There are many scammers using gumtree to swindle innocent people out of their hard earned cash.

An example is you see an item for sale and reply to it, he will offer to post it and ask yo to send payment to his account by transfer.
    he is a gumtree scammer and swindled many gumtree users out of money, promising to send items he puts on sale, but never sends anything or replied after you send him money.

his name is A Kenny
    Account number 63940470
    Sort code 202020
    email carl899@live.co.uk

your bank will not offer any help and the police will only look into investigating the criminal aspects...

What can we do to stop these scammers getting other unawares?

lets help other in future by listing these scammers accounts and names!
    Last edited by sophie1111; 27th September 2013, 10:01:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: gumtree scammers details

People should heed the warnings published frequently not to do cash transfers such as Western Union but pay by Credit card or cash on collection as in the case of vehicles if they don't listen to advice and think they are getting a bargain its there fault and theirs alone

Comment

There is a big problem now with fraud and it seems to be easier to get away with it. Except if that is a pet political point scoring project. It used to be that if someone attempted fraud they could get nicked. Then the bar was raised to the parting of funds in order to commence an investigation. Now it seems even that is no longer valid. However in saying that try contacting action fraud through the website http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud or on 0300 123 2040. I'm not sure how the do on the basic stuff as they are not to good on the complicated issues.

The sort code you have seems to be Barclays bank one and the universal one to boot. It may be worth giving there fraud department a ring. 0845 600 2323

Make sure when you call AF and Barclays you have as much info to hand as possible.

Good luck
      I am not a legal professional

I will only comment and give advice in situations which I have experience that has been gained over the years in pre legal negotiation and redress. At the end of the day when there is a legal situation of life changing or serious consequence, always and I mean always seek professional advice from a solicitor.

Comment

If there are any Victims out there who have been victims of Car Scams (Especially where Barclays Bank Transfers have been used ) please contact me and lets see if we can do something about it. I have an excellent relationship with the Gumtree Moderators and can investigate a current suspected posting and get it removed if necessary. 90% of all Car scams on Gumtree originate from Romania using Bogus Barclays Bank accounts opened with fake/forged ID. I am currently in touch with the FSA regarding Barclays lax Security when opening accounts. We also have evidence that Newly opened Barclays Bank accounts are up for sale on the open market and being purchased by fraudsters for Illegal Internet activities,fraud and money laundering. Any info you may supply will be appreciated. We need to put a stop to this once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
          We also have evidence that Newly opened Barclays Bank accounts are up for sale on the open market and being purchased by fraudsters for Illegal Internet activities,fraud and money laundering.
          Can I ask what evidence you have?

Comment

Any info you may supply will be appreciated. We need to put a stop to this once and for all.
            Eagle-eye, can you contact me by PM to discuss this, we are presently collating data.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

hi
              can you also help with ebay car scams? my money didnt go through Barclays it went abroad, (i know, silly me should have known!!) but i had NO reason to question it at the time as i thought i was 'protected'. any help would be truly appreciated.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
                If there are any Victims out there who have been victims of Car Scams (Especially where Barclays Bank Transfers have been used ) please contact me and lets see if we can do something about it. I have an excellent relationship with the Gumtree Moderators and can investigate a current suspected posting and get it removed if necessary. 90% of all Car scams on Gumtree originate from Romania using Bogus Barclays Bank accounts opened with fake/forged ID. I am currently in touch with the FSA regarding Barclays lax Security when opening accounts. We also have evidence that Newly opened Barclays Bank accounts are up for sale on the open market and being purchased by fraudsters for Illegal Internet activities,fraud and money laundering. Any info you may supply will be appreciated. We need to put a stop to this once and for all.
                hi
                can you also help with ebay car scams? Our money didnt go through Barclays it went abroad, (i know, silly me should've known eh!) but i had NO reason to question it at the time as i thought i was "protected".
                any help would be truly appreciated.
                thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X