• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

email scam - HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: email scam - HELP!

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    do they do one for android tablets?
    Rennies or Gaviscon

Comment

Loads of this stuff can come from facebook or similar. I had a problem with trojan worm whilst subscribed to norton and paying a heavy price for the stuff. a trojan shut down my pc and it cost a fortune in premium rate phone calls to be told that Norton had not yet recognised the trojan. i went round to a mates house, put AVG FREE on a disc and ran it onto my PC. Once it sorted the trojan i went back on-line and got rid of Norton. Needless to say i have run AVG for 8 years and these things get quarantined quickly. Am pretty sure AVG do an android app as well. I would suggest keeping a disc with AVG for a back-up should it take your OP out.....
      Downloads have loads of crap attached. They usually target a market like music, film etc that gets a large follow-on distribution. For example my step-daughter up-loaded some tunes onto her android from her mate's phone, who in turn got them off the net. Hey presto half the school's mobiles had virus....no bad thing, i thought....but had to send the phone back to get it wiped and it was never the same again...
      When you click to download something, always check what comes with it. It might say "you need to download x for y to run on your computer, click here....". Always check the source is credible.....
      Last edited by brummie; 7th February 2013, 20:34:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        Rennies or Gaviscon
        Exactly my dilemma this pm PT

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
          Loads of this stuff can come from facebook or similar. I had a problem with trojan worm whilst subscribed to norton and paying a heavy price for the stuff. a trojan shut down my pc and it cost a fortune in premium rate phone calls to be told that Norton had not yet recognised the trojan. i went round to a mates house, put AVG FREE on a disc and ran it onto my PC. Once it sorted the trojan i went back on-line and got rid of Norton. Needless to say i have run AVG for 8 years and these things get quarantined quickly. Am pretty sure AVG do an android app as well. I would suggest keeping a disc with AVG for a back-up should it take your OP out.....
          Brummie I don't do Faceache or Twatter or any of that stuff - am completely (actually I think literally) PARANOID about that sort of thing. Don't do hotmail, or yahoo...:dizzy:

Comment

A nice glass of milk?!:tea:
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

got to be warmed with a couple of digestives....

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
                got to be warmed with a couple of digestives....
                Prefrebly chocolate ones!
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

With a drop of Scotlands finest.

Comment

Ugh, suspected infection with a tea worm.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X