• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stolen email address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen email address

Not sure if this is what is happening, but i have had 2 emails tonight,with some one elses name on the message,. but says its from ------,my sons name
    I saw it had an attachment but of course i didnt open it,rang my son just to check,and it was nothing to do with him,
    This has happened before with friends name as if from them,
    Should my son change his email address and /or password,or should i,or both of us, please,if any one has any ideas
    Tags: None

Re: Stolen email address

change your password with immediate effect, you will find everyone in your contact list will receive an offer for the "blue pills"

hot mail is one of the isp providers prone to this sort of attack

change your password and get your son to change his as well

do not open any atachments or anything with ex at the end of it

Comment

Last time my hotmail was stolen (hacked) it sent 0ver 3000 emails some to my contacts i had to reset password that took time but sorted i only knew when in my inbox i received delivery failed notification for a message sent to an email address that i knew was dead i remember years ago one email address i had received over 10000 emails in succession we just shut the adress down im sure others have had more a nuisance but it happens

Comment

I have changed mine now,i have advised him to change his too, both from from a yahoo addresses .both began with hey valerie,also advised him NOT to open any attachments
        Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X