• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam

This has happened to me a couple of times most recently yesterday. I got an email from lloyds tsb telling me they noticed fraudulent activity on my account on the 29-7-12 ( so 2days prior) obviously I didn't click on the link mainly because I do not and have never banked with lloyds any idea how ton report what is quite clearly a scam?
    nic xo
    Tags: None

Re: Scam

click on that link and you will end up with key loggers and all sort of nasties

that zeus virus is known to use such links

Comment

I won't be clicking that's for sure I'm justnwondering if there's anywhere I should report this to? As it's coming through as from a bank I'm just thinking how many people would realise this is a scam and click on it
      nic xo

Comment

the zeus virus works by directing your browser to a page that is an exact carbon copy of the banks true website

i believe the only way to defeat this is a pin sentry from barclays when logging on

the codes it generates change every time and i have been using it for the last few years with no problems

Comment

I just hope to many people don't fall for it
          nic xo

Comment

if you are concerned you can contact Mircosoft/apple through their help pages online... a call to Lloyds to say you have received the mail wont hurt anyone, and it will ease your mind that you have done everything that you can.

If you are on Hotmail, then you can actually report these emails but clicking mark as, and scrolling dow to Phising scam.
            Last edited by Hurricane Puffrose; 1st August 2012, 13:25:PM. Reason: forgot info.

Comment

From Lloyds site
              Phishing

Protect yourself from malicious attempts to obtain your sensitive information. If you receive a suspicious email please do not respond to it but forward it to our dedicated team at emailscams@lloydstsb.co.uk.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/security.asp

Comment

Thank you will do that
                nic xo

Comment

Also, report it to your local Trading Standards Department and the National Fraud Authority (NFA). The NFA have a dedicated line for reporting scams - Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Will do that bb
                    nic xo

Comment

Email sent to Lloyds Tried to ring NFA but lines busy so will true again later
                      nic xo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X