• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Attention all mobile phone owners/users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention all mobile phone owners/users

I've just received this via a friend who, like myself, is ex-police -

Mobile phone security

Dear All

If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person, saying that he or she is a company engineer, or telling that they're checking your mobile line, and you have to press #90 or #09 or any other number, end this call immediately without pressing any numbers.

There is a fraud company using a device that once you press #90 or #09 they can access your 'SIM' card and make calls at your expense.

Forward this message to as many colleagues, relatives and friends as you can, to stop it.

Many thanks for your time regarding this matter, take care and regards.

Phil Corris
    Police Constable/Crime Prevention Officer
    Ext 496696 (Internal)
    01524 596696 (External)
    Email
    PhilCorris@lancashire.pnn ..police.uk

Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.
    Tags: None

Re: Attention all mobile phone owners/users

Sorry to say but this is a ANCIENT hoax mail that surfaces every so often.
    These keys combos used to be able to access company exchanges (PBX), but have NO effect on domestic or mobile devices..

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/jailcall.asp

Comment

Re: Attention all mobile phone owners/users

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      Sorry to say but this is a ANCIENT hoax mail that surfaces every so often.
      These keys combos used to be able to access company exchanges (PBX), but have NO effect on domestic or mobile devices..

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/jailcall.asp
      Thanks, CB, I'll email my friend back and let him know.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X