• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is my computer at risk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my computer at risk?

I have the free versions of Avira Anti Virus, Advance System Care and Ad-Aware on my computer.

Up to now have had no problems. However, just noticed that for some unknown reason, the AntiVir Guard switched itself off.

I then checked through the events history and this has happened several times for up to a maximum of 5 minutes before switching on again.

I also have GRC/Shields up bookmarked and, according to this, my system has achieved a perfect "Trustealth" rating and that not a single packet - solicited or otherwise - was received.

Do I need to be concerned?

CJ
    Tags: None

Re: Is my computer at risk?

As long as all is working well now I very much doubt it. If in doubt you will be able to manually run a full sytem scan. Run this and see if it throws anything up. It it doesn't then you should be OK.

I assume one of those is a Firewall or do you rely on the Windows Firewall. If you rely on Windows Firewall make double sure that you have all relevant updates.

Comment

I use Avira and sometimes this can happen if the programme cannot update when it is supposed to.

You can force it to update by right clicking on the icon and choosing "start update."

Comment

Me too, Amy. Never had a problem with any viruses since I've been using it.
        Is no longer here

Comment

If the Antivi Guard is a behavioural guard, it could be that the programme itself needs to switch it off to allow its up-dates.
          I had a similar problem when I was using Threat-fire, I also had to manually switch it off to allow windows up-dates.
          It shows it works, so I wouldn't worry so long as your scans are clean. (I take it that it removes malaware as well as viruses?)

Comment

Its probebly nothing but to be on the safe side I would run a few scans

first use malwarebytes Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download, this is an excellent programme for sniffing out adware and spyware.

second use tds killer How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)? just in case its part of a rootkit.. follow the given instructions.

and lastly for an extra layer of protection try spybot search and destroy The home of Spybot-SD!

I would also re-consider using a free internet security programme, they are ok for those that really never use the internet but they are not designed for high end proper protection so do not protect you as well as they should.. try Kaspersky Lab United States | Antivirus Computer Security

one of the biggest pieces of advice I can give is no internet security programme or scanner ever gets everything, always scan with at least 2 or 3 different programmes just to be certain.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X