• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clerical Error?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clerical Error?

I got home to see this email in my inbox tonight. A new way for an old Scam?

"BellHouse Fabrics & Interiors-
    Cranbrook,Kent. UK - TN17 3DN

My name is Rev Richard Cooper, I am emailing you on behalf of BellHouse Fabrics & Interiors, United Kingdom. I would like to know if you would like to work online from home and get paid without affecting your present job or even affecting your day-to-day activities of any kind, actually we need a representative who can work for our company as an Online Payment Processor.

We are presently making waves in the United Kingdom & Northern Ireland fabric markets, we intend expanding our business towards the United States of America by accepting orders from both individuals and companies within USA. We recently placed Ad's on online websites for sales of our fabrics and got a very good number of requests for our products,however it is against our company policy to accept International Payments such as : UK Bank Wire Transfer , USA Bank Wire Transfers. Therefore, we are requesting your partnership to assist in receiving payments on behalf of our company.

We are willing to pay you 10% for every payment processed through you from our clients/customers who will pay for their products which are purchased from our secure website stated above. These payments are coming from these clients within USA and will be sent to you directly from our customers, all you have to do is lodge and cash each payment, deduct 10% and forward 90% to our Payment Processing Center via Western Union Money Transfer / MoneyGram Money Transfer. All sending fee's are to be deducted from our 90%, however you will be required to have a valid checking account in which our customers might request to make payment either via Wire Transfer (Bank to Bank Transfer) or either via Certified Check.

You do not require any special skills to work with our firm, however in order to apply for this job you need to ensure you have access to your e-mail regularly and reply to our e-mails promptly. You will also need to provide us with a valid phone in which you can be reached at anytime in case of any special update, in order to accept this job kindly fill the form stated below :

Please if you are interested forward to us your following details:

1. Full Names: ................
    2. Contact address: ...........
    3. Telephone/mobile and fax number...
    4. Gender......
    5. Age.......
    6. Occupation: .......
    7. Bank Name.......

E-Mail: rev.richardcooperjobseeker@gmail.com

P.S: You must have a valid checking account in which can be used to receive payments being sent from a customer, this might be via Wire Transfer or Direct Deposit.

Kindly get back to me ASAP by filling the form stated above, once i hear from you i will immediately send you a reply with further information.

Regards,

Rev Richard Cooper. "

Do you think I should apply?

Re: Clerical Error?

Originally posted by LeMack View Post
    Do you think I should apply?
    Erm, no.

Comment

I am getting loads of these at the moment - so far I have been left money - won 10 lotteries I have money on the way from Nigeria and have several jobs like the one above .

As fast as I add the addresses to junk mail more appear:tinysmile_cry_t:
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Classic 419er there.

Now where did I put my barge pole..

Comment

I think I have MUG written on my inbox! But they are trying to get clever, if only I could remember which job website I signed up for, heres another one!

"Romad Financial Services Pty. Ltd.
          94 Woodhouse Grove, Box Hill North,
          VIC, 3129, Australia

Hello,
          my name is John Alison and I am Romad Financial Services Pty. Ltd. Staff manager. We have found and reviewed your CV at hotonline.com and decided to offer this job to you.

Our services
          When buying-selling operations via the Internet are concerned, the buyer and the seller don’t know each other and are placed in different corners of the world. Therefore, it is important both to the buyer and the seller for their transaction to be made safely. Payment Protection means receiving money, documents, goods (it might be both the seller’s and the buyer’s) concerning the transaction by a reliable, experienced, impartial person - our Payment Protection agent. The agent will hold all the money and documents until all the terms of the deal are satisfied and only then release them to the intended receiver. Please, visit our web-site for more information. (Romad Financial Services – Box Hill North - Australia)

Why we need Payment Protection agents
          Having a Payment Protection agent in every country we can quickly transfer funds inside a country without wasting time on the international bank transfers, and continue our rapid growth rather than overwhelming our own bank account with inbound and outbound transactions leading to severe hold times and possible service interruption. It is time that is of significant importance to our clients.

Career and Benefits
          Your main task will be receiving money transactions to any bank account you would like to use for the purposes of this job; and then forwarding these transactions to the next party of the Payment Protection process according to our instructions. You will benefit from the commissions, which are 5-7% of each transaction and depend on the quantity of the completed transactions and the speed of your work. Besides, you will be paid a basic salary of 1500 GBP per month.

For your convenience there will be no paychecks, your commission will remain in your account after every successfully completed transaction. The money transfer fee is not included in your commission, meaning that you will deduct it from the received amount, not from your commission. Also you receive 5-7% of the transaction amount. Normally the amounts that we process vary from 2,000 GBP to 10,000 GBP, but can go higher on special occasions.

Job details
          As the financial activity in your area is not too high, a Payment Protection agent will be processing approximately 1-2 transactions per week. Each transaction requires approximately 4-5 hours of the agent work. Our manager always calls the agent beforehand to provide all the instructions. Therefore, with the due time management, the agent is able to combine this job with other activities (e.g. primary job or studies).

If you are ready to proceed, please provide your AVAILABLE phone number to our hiring manager (Charles McAlister) at hiring@rom***inancial.com

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information.

--
          Sincerely yours,
          John Alison,
          Romad Financial Services Pty. Ltd.
          visit us at Romad Financial Services – Box Hill North - Australia "

And no, I have not looked at the website. There's no knowing what bugs etc are on it!
          Last edited by Paule; 11th July 2009, 18:36:PM. Reason: removed links

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X