• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Possible fraud, LTD company using my address for employee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fraud, LTD company using my address for employee

Dear All,

1. Where should one report a possible fraudulent LTD company employing bogus employees {person I never heard of in 17 years owning house} with bogus home addresses {in this case my house address}?
    Why I ask? Objective, report the LTD company, if indeed they employee fictitious employees we may prevent fraud and better the world.

A bit of back ground.
    Received a letter today "Enhanced certificate" at my house from dbs.gov.uk. This for say person JohnX SmithY. Own house for 17 years, never heard of this person in my life.

I rang the DBS and report this as fraud. DBS did not even take my contact details.
    Since this appear suspicious I looked at the LTD company.
    - LTD company looked suspicious as they are use Regus office address and registered 2019.
    Rang this LTD company mentioning I am about to report this to police.
    It was clear they tried to prevent me doing this, in the end smirked and wish me good luck reporting this.

=> This LTD company rang me back +- 40 minutes later with some human error as explanation. Person lied in this second call as they now claimed the the postcode is exactly the same and they got the house number wrong. In the call earlier he used a different post code {per my call recording}.

Thank you.

You report it via Action Fraud.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

They could be claiming Government 'subsidies' etc.

Comment

You can also report them to the Insolvency Service using the link below.

Complain about a limited company - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

All I am seeing here is that a company submitted a DBS application for an employee which had an error in the address. Whilst that is pretty careless of them - they are supposed to check and verify the address given by the employee - I can't see how it is evidence of fraud or a fictitious employee.

Nor can I see how having your Registered Office at a location rented from Regus is suspicious in itself. And what is suspicious about having been registered in 2019?

If that is all there is don't expect any official organisation to do anything with your reports.
        ​​​​​​
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Did you report it to the police, as per your threat?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
            All I am seeing here is that a company submitted a DBS application for an employee which had an error in the address. Whilst that is pretty careless of them - they are supposed to check and verify the address given by the employee - I can't see how it is evidence of fraud or a fictitious employee.

Nor can I see how having your Registered Office at a location rented from Regus is suspicious in itself. And what is suspicious about having been registered in 2019?

If that is all there is don't expect any official organisation to do anything with your reports.
            ​​​​​​
            There appears to be more then one fact which doesn't add up. Plus the OP's telephone conversation,

'This LTD company rang me back +- 40 minutes later with some human error as explanation. Person lied in this second call as they now claimed the the postcode is exactly the same and they got the house number wrong. In the call earlier he used a different post code {per my call recording}'.

Sounds like a 'fraudulent' recruitment agency,

https://news.sky.com/story/care-work...s-out-13031179

Comment

Sorry but I stand by my view on this Echatt11. OP seems to think that anyone who calls back with a clarification that is different from what they initially said is a liar. I don't agree.

The premise that ap fraudulent employer would submit a DBS application with a fake address makes no sense to me at all. What would be the point? Admin error is far more plausible.
              ​​
              All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
                Sorry but I stand by my view on this Echatt11. OP seems to think that anyone who calls back with a clarification that is different from what they initially said is a liar. I don't agree.

The premise that ap fraudulent employer would submit a DBS application with a fake address makes no sense to me at all. What would be the point? Admin error is far more plausible.
                ​​
                Hopefully, we'll get an update and the OP can confirm that I've made a good call!!

Comment

Dear All,

One is obliged to give feedback, sorry for the delay.

Just reported this at
                  A. "actionfraud.police.uk", thank you ECHAT11.
                  {Prior to posting in this forum I did try and report it at "actionfraud.police.uk" since I reported one other issue in the past. The options at actionfraud did not easily match this DBS fraud. }

B. Complain about a limited company - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) Thank you R0B.

The probability of this being an innocent accident is small. It is not so much what persons say as the manner they say it. {Related to the phone calls to this LTD company}

Case not reported to the police, I find it very difficult to report anything to the police. If persons here indicate it is my duty to report this to the police I will persist.

So hard in the online world to state your credibility with compromising anonymity. Only through many forum posts can one establish your credibility. In this forum I am novice, the legal field is not my forte.

No idea if really helps to report these matters.

I will give feedback here if any is received.

Your guidance and replies are much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for the update, continue to update.

The thing is that not enough people report their suspicions then criminality thrives.

People get away with stuff, other people see people getting away with stuff, they start doing it, it keeps snowballing.

Total lawlessness, everyone goes around saying isn't crime bad, the police are overwhelmed as crime rises.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X