• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Text and calls from CCSCollect without futher details?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text and calls from CCSCollect without futher details?

Hi!

I got a text from "CCSCollect" claming "MyCompany Ltd" needs to call CCS Collect on number 020 8665 4927
    It was strange, because this company has been dormant for 5 years, and I never took any loans.

I looked up the company https://www.ccscollect.co.uk, and called their offical number which is different by one digit 020 8665 4929

They indeed have a case against "MyCompany Ltd" but they cannot share any information about it with me as the address that they have is different to the one I have given them. I have given them over the phone my company's registered office address, and the address they have on file is different, and they cant share it with me.

I have asked them to send a letter to the official company registered office address, they said they will ask the client to send the letter again, but I am guessing it went again to the wrong adress and I do not know what address that is.

They have called me a few times since using number 020 8665 4953, but I did not pick up, I just looked up this number and it looked people reported it online as scam.

What is the typical course of action here if I have not taken any loans for that company ever (not even phone contract etc.), always paid bills on time, and the company was dormant for many years and have no idea who the client of CCSCollect might be?

How do I get CCSCollect to tell me more about this case if I don't know what the address they have on file is?

Any help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by Mike Painter; 16th June 2022, 10:52:AM.
    Tags: None

I would write to CCSCollect, telling them that the company is registered with Number xxxxxx, and the registered address is xxxxxx.
    Tell them you will no longer accept telephoe calls or text messages, and all communications must be in writing to the registered office.
    Send letter !st class with free certificate of posting from post office

If they wish to continue trying to collect they will eventually have to give details of the basis of the claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X