• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scammed Networld Sports - Awful company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammed Networld Sports - Awful company

Hi, I am after some advice and would be extremely grateful for any support.

I bought at the start of April a Table Tennis table for my partners Birthday.

As a lot of people, we have been making the most of our garden and have been staying at home over the duration of the Pandemic.

I thought this would be a lovely thing to receive and would help make a fun entertaining day.

We opened the box on the day and we’re so disappointed.

The table was damaged beyond use and repair. The screws that secure the table to the legs were not fixed and are not fixable. The legs were already fixed upside down and the table was damaged from where the screws had been a fixed previously and had torn from it.

Over the following week, I tried on numerous occasions to speak with the firm (Networld Sports) but when calling, they had a pre-recorded message advising they could not answer phones currently due to their mail box being full and unprecedented demand....

We emailed them a couple of times but they never responded.

They advertised live chat but this is none existent when I clicked on the link.

After viewing their Facebook Reviews, it seems we’re not the only people that have been sent shoddy items or been scammed. See here >> https://m.facebook.com/NetWorldSports/

I felt protected as I had ordered through PayPal. However to cut a long story short, although they have agreed via PayPal to refund when a complaint was lodged, they expect us to pay the cost of the return. The table is huge and weighs 25kg. After pricing the return, this will cost over £50,

After discussing this will PayPal’s customer service, they tell me there is nothing further that can be done and the company are in their rights to request this??! The table is damaged beyond repair? Why should I have to pay over £50 to return a faulty item?

I have a deadline of the 2nd May to return a damaged faulty item at a cost of £50 to myself to receive a £100 refund. How can this be legal? Any advice would be appreciated extremely.
    Tags: None

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 is your friend!

Write (get free certificate of posting from post office) to the company (Company Reg #: 06899671, VAT #: 946544201, Registered Office: Net World Sports Ltd, Bryn Lane, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Wrexham, LL13 9UT) and report the condition of the table as not satisfactory when delivered.
    Tell them you are rejecting the table as per your statutory rights.
    They are to arrange collection of the table at their cost, and refund the full purchase price within two weeks
    If they fail you reserve the right to initiate a court claim without further reference to themselves.

Comment

Thank you DES8 I’m just concerned about the PayPal dispute I have set up already and the looming deadline to send this huge, heavy, cumbersome thing back.

should I ignore the deadline and write?

If I don’t meet with the return date (start of May) I’m worried they will dismiss anything further?

Im very grateful for your advice.

Beth

Comment

Your statutory rights cannot be overridden by any deadlines they might dream up.

Just get your letter off.
        If you should manage to get something back through Paypal, you can always return any over refund (as obviously you aren't entitled to make a profit from the incident)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X