• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pixsy email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixsy email

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I'm looking for some advice.

My partner has received an email from Pixsy explaining that she had used an image with the owner's license or authorisation. Once she was aware of this, she immediately took down the image from her blog as this was a genuine error.

They are demandingly a sum of money for her to use this image and 'they're acting on behalf of their client as an authorised license and copyright agent'. The email advises that if the sum of money is not paid, they will escalate with one of their attorney partners for legal proceedings.

This image is available online (without a cost / price listed) and my partner is aware that she accidentally forgot to attribute the photographer for their picture. On the person's website, it states that they do not deal with any unauthorized use of their work and to liaise with Pixsy directly.

We're based in the UK - any help would be gratefully received. We don't have the funds to pay for this so we're panicking a little.

Best wishes,

Taylo02
    Tags: None

Do they have your address?

Comment

They have my partner's business address... They don't have our home address.

Comment

Have a read here :-

Comment

Thanks PaulaJayne... Appreciate your help

Comment

Hi TAYLO02,
            Please could you tell me what the outcome was with this as I've received a similar demand. Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X