• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cifas marker/fraud victim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cifas marker/fraud victim

Hi guys,

I have a big problem. I had only one bank account which was monzo and it was closed a few days ago. I have tried to open other basic bank accounts which have all been declined. After some research ive been told i most likely have a cifas marker on my credit file. I believe this is true because i just recieved an email from coinbase saying they are closing my account also. Ive had this account for years and all of a sudden they closed it aswell??

this is what happened on the 20th nov. I advertised a ps5 on gumtree. Someone contacted me and agreed to buy it. He said he would do a bank transfer and come collect it once hes paid. I agreed and he sent the money and came within the hour to collect. I didnt think anything of it. But now i think this is the reason my account was closed. Im assuming he used someone elses card to pay me somehow? And that person did a chargeback or complained to monzo?

i have requested info from cifas to see if i have a marker. Im pretty sure they will say yes.

What can i do if that is the case? I need it removed and surely they cant just close peoples bank account because of something someone else did? Nobody askee me anything.
    Tags: None

Ask what the marker is for. If incorrect then raise an appeal.

Comment

Good luck with that tho. It's always hard to fight for your rights.
      Last edited by McNeal; 29th March 2021, 06:19:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X