• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bogus email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogus email

This morning (about 5am) I received an email, purportedly sent by my other half.

Now I know that, at that hour, other half was zzzzz'ding it in the land of nod.

& has since told me that "No way did I send you any email"

I binned it without opening,so I don't know the content.

But still a bit worrying.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Has your partner maybe logged into email account on someone else’s device and left details on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Setmefree3 View Post
      Has your partner maybe logged into email account on someone else’s device and left details on it?
      Don't think so.
      The only possible other device would be our daughter's, & she did not send any email.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Very strange.

Comment

Yep.

I'm not very tech savvy (for me, the abacus is 'cutting-edge!), but I guess all that info is floating around in cyberspace. & if one is a canny angler............
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

On a joking side, perhaps the daughter wants a new phone or tablet and used other half’s email to test the water on you getting it

Comment

Haha!

If she's lucky I'll get her a..........
              Attached Files
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

It is probably sent from a virus infected computer owned by a friend of your husband and the friend has your husbands name and email address in the contact list. The virus picks up a random name and address from the contact list and uses this as the "from" address to send all the emails that are trying to infect other computers.

You may be able to work out which friend it is that has the problem.

The headers in the message might just provide a clue to the true origin of the message.

Comment

Hi Charitynjw,

It may be worth your partner changing passwords for their e-mail account too.
                  I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridot View Post
                    Hi Charitynjw,

It may be worth your partner changing passwords for their e-mail account too.
                    Hi Peridot

Thanks, I'll suggest it (from a safe distance!)

"Haven't I got enough to do without blah blah.........."

Doghouse for me (again), I reckon!

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

One of my daughters had her email address hacked and there were numerous recipients of a very rude message ostensibly from her.
                      One of them was her husband's CO in the RAF who initially was not amused!

Comment

Almost every service requires you to have an email address. And at the same time, the problem of spam and spam is growing. Each time you provide your email address, you increase the likelihood of receiving even more spam if the company to which you provided your information was hacked or sold your email address. at this address - https://light-it.net/blog/10-things-...r-marketplace/ you can find out more about one-time mails.

Comment

Our Daughter supposedly sent me an E Mail yesterday. I realised it was not from her as the E Mail address it was sent from did not match hers. if you are using Windows 10 on the top bar are after the open messages then spam next to the right are ```` click on the dots and a drop down will ask if you wish to block senders, click that it blocks them, never open any mail do not know who sent it ,its more than likely a virus.

Comment

It's a strange situation. I, too, have received many strange emails. my first reaction was to open them, but stopped in time. Now there is a lot of negativity on the Internet. That's why it's important to have reliable software at your fingertips and install programs and applications that are only proven

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X