• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay RipOFF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay RipOFF

Right guys
    I have been ripped off on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought some tickets for tina turner concert for my sister in law cost £355 and I bough tthem from a member with over 50 positive feedbacks. Now my 45 days are up for dispute with paypal the swine has de registered and is ignoring my correspondance. I managed to get the 'phone number' for this moron from ebay and lo and behold its a fictitous number.............I bought them on hubby's credit card via paypal.........Any suggestions on how to get money back????

And his address is just a postcode for Ilford so no addy. Surely ebay and paypal have a duty to know this info and verify it as I had a nightmare verifying all my stuff. I had to upload bills passport birth certificate etc etc before they would verify me.
    Last edited by theGobbyOne; 3rd August 2008, 21:15:PM.

Re: Ebay RipOFF

Hi Gobby,

Both Paypal and your credit card company will have an insurance scheme which you can claim through. Let them both know the situation and they can sort it out.

Good luck,
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

I spoke to paypal and you only have 45 days so they wont do anything..........Basically said tough sh!t!!!!!!!
      Like I said the guy waited till my 45 days were up and de registered as a user.
      Will try credit card company though.

Comment

Happy is right, the credit card company are equally liable under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

For a credit card company to be liable, the cash price of the goods or service must be over £100 and under £30,000 and there must be a claim for breach of contract or misrepresentation against the supplier. As these requirements are satisfied, you have a claim against the credit card company.

The good news is, you can withhold this sum when you come to pay off your next credit card bill, but you must provide proof that you have a valid claim against this seller for breach of contract or misrepresentation, which it appears that you have. Make sure you keep copies of all your emails etc.

Personally, I would sue PayPal too - here is their address for service. They will argue and then wimp out, they always do.

PayPal Europe Ltd
        Hotham House
        1 Heron Square
        Richmond upon Thames
        Surrey
        TW9 1EJ

They seem to believe that they are above the law and that these things are not issues that they need to take responsibility for.

Comment

Cheers Cet
          I have already paid the credit card in full.Will that make a difference???

Comment

No, the sum you have paid will be credited to your account, once this issue is resolved.

If you should get a negative response from the credit card company, post it here and we can draft something that will re-educate them.

Comment

yes the cc should repay with the insurance
              my hubby and i lost 2,500 and by the time i tried to cancel it igot throu the wrong dept and i was crying i was told how much was in our a/c it haddent gone throu by the time she put me throu to the right dept it left my acount and gone throu i did fight it but nothing was sorted we kepted getting phjone calls from club pria deora but no we never got it, back and it had gone throught to ilford i think it was mad and at times still vester on it
              hugs
              tg

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X