• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fall resulting in farctured Ankle & agravatign known injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall resulting in farctured Ankle & agravatign known injury

MY wife was shopping in ASDA on 22nd Dec she walked down an aisle with split milk adn slipped over there was no signage stating wet floor beware etc.
    she was taken to first aid her ankle swelled up. I was called with daughter to come and pick her up and drive her car home. as she was unable to walk.

The med kit in the first aid room was poor my wife had to ask for a cold compress as the ASDA lady was more interested in filling our the first aid book,on arrival l myself bandaged her ankle after being given a self adhesive bandage from off teh shelf . as no bandages were available in teh first aid kits.

my wife's condition deteriorated she has a bad back this got worse and worse resulting in her unable to get up and having to sleep on teh sitee in a sitting position . we went to doctors on 29th as her foot too wasnt improving . form there we went to A&E and had Xray confirming fracture of ankle. she has been unable to move much since then .and signed doff for 2 weeks to 26th Jan at present.
    I slept next to her on floor /settee as was concerned for her, she has only been able to sleep n bed since 20th Jan.
    we are season ticket holders for a holey club we have missed all the games and bought live streams .Our Xmas was severely limited can I claim against ASDA for this fall and aggravated injury + unable to do anything for a month plus being on sick for two weeks now ( My wife works in a school) she cant drive at mo due to ankle?
    Thanks
    Rudi
    Tags: None

You can claim against Asda but the checking question for me would be if your wife didn't see the milk spillage so she could avoid it then is it possible that Asda employees hadn't seen it beforehand to deal with it either?

For a claim to be successful you have to prove on a balance of probabilities that Asda were negligent in dealing with the spillage.

If another customer had dropped and spilt the milk just a few minutes earlier then there's obviously little Asda could have done and you'd have no valid claim against them.

If however another customer had reported the spillage to them half an hour earlier and they had not taken reasonable steps to deal with the danger then yes you'd have a much better chance of a successful claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X