• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motor car claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor car claim

I had a car accident. I claimed against at fault party with an estimate of repair. One year has passed and they are asking for an invoice of repairs. I do not have this and nor can i get hold of this. Insurer is refusing to pay even though they have offered money for my injury. I no longer have the car.

Any help please
    Tags: None

If you used and paid a business they have to keep records for 6 years

Comment

Did you have the vehicle repaired, or did you sell it below market value unrepaired?

Comment

I had it repaired. Then sold it. The garage I repaired from did not provide a receipt and is no longer there. Is there any legal case law or argument I can use against third party

Comment

I suppose you paid cash, so no bank or credit card record?

Do you have any witnesses to having it repaired?

Have you tried tracing the owner or mechanic who repaired the vehicle?

So how much are you looking for?

Comment

£2500. No trace of repair garage

Comment

So how did you pay/ cash or debit card or credit card?
              I can't believe you handed over £2500 without getting a receipt!

Did the insurers (yours or theirs) carry out an inspection of the damage to your vehicle?

Do you have any witnesses to having it repaired?

Did you tell the buyer of your car about the accident and subsequent repairs?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X