• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New boiler and surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the info. The ombudsman can award compensation but I understand why you are not impressed with them. I used the Legal ombudsman once and they were useless. I have to say however I cannot see compensation being awarded BUT this is not my area and hopefully others will be along soon with more optimistic views for you. What went on was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by alexT123 View Post
      Hi Island, I did attempt to get it resolved, based on the information Eon gave me i.e it was a simple swap. However, when the plumber attended he couldn't find the correct pipes. Part of this was because they were behind a false wall, which is something I'd forgotten. We contacted Eon while the plumber was here to discuss how to resolve it, but Eon didn't assist.

And on the other issue I informed Eon if they completed the work I would pay for it and we could resolve the issue after the operation. They didn't take up this offer, instead saying they'd complete the work. Actually looking over the documents I gave them notice even before the operation was booked. I even sent them a receipt of the private consultation with the surgeon as proof an operation was being arranged.

I've seen the review for the ombudsman, they look are bad as Eon. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Om...Fg%2F1yh9tskj8

What would the ombudsman do? I can't from the reviews trust that this would be anything else but another nightmare.
      It's one thing for a salesperson to say "oh yes, that'll be easy to do".....quite a different thing to be standing with a spanner in one hand, looking at the (existing) installation & scratching your head in exasperation wih the other hand.

Pipework inside a false wall?
      A plumber's nightmare!t
      What paperwork do you have on this?What does it state re the shower?
      Last edited by charitynjw; 27th February 2023, 14:27:PM.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

@Charity As far as I can tell there is no contract. I don't have a copy and I've made many requests for a copy of the contract and they won't send it, or admit there isn't one.

Comment

@Charity As far as I can tell there is no contract. I don't have a copy and I've made many requests for a copy of the contract and they won't send it, or admit there isn't one.
          I'm not with you.
          You have stated that Eon have installed a new boiler.
          There must be some documented evidence of it?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

There is a list of work to be carried out, but no actual terms and condition. So I have no idea what the rules on the shower are. However, they have changed the shower, so that's not really the issue.

Comment

There is a list of work to be carried out, but no actual terms and condition. So I have no idea what the rules on the shower are. However, they have changed the shower, so that's not really the issue.
              On what basis did they change the boiler?
              Some kind of maintenance agreement obligation?
              A one-off installation agreement/contract?
              Other?
              It may well be an issue, depending on the circumstances surrounding the whole debacle.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Having read through this thread i have to ask a few questions regarding this shower If its an electric one i presume its cold feed only and has not been connected to a mains water supply and this supply pipe is in a pipe boxing or in a wall if so how come eon when they put in the unit did they not know where the pipe is/was and the other Plumber called to finish the fitting did not find the pipe .
                Seems all a bit strange ,at the moment its not clear what the contractual terms were from EON regarding the shower?

Comment

While the questions about plumbing, shower installation etc are no doubt interesting, we should not lose sight of the fact that the OP seeks compensation, and considers that the £500 that he has been offered is not sufficient.

I have expressed concern about the application of principles of remoteness of damage to the claim that this issue has lengthened the time taken to recover from his medical condition.
                  Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I agree - I think there may be a claim for the cost of the alternative accomodation the OP had to use but not for anything to do with the medical condition. The offer made may cover that however.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X