• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I think my solicitor is selling me short.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my solicitor is selling me short.

Hello all,

I had an accident that was not my fault, Hit from behind by a large van, The driver was using his mobile phone, He admitted full liability.
    My insurer set me up with a solicitor and the process began smoothly. uploading documents and details (dash cam footage)
    However after this things went dark for months. I could not get thru to my solicitor no response when ringing and emails never
    answered. eventually after physio was arranged and completed for neck injury and a minor injury to my knee (moderate whiplash and
    a bruised knee from hitting the dash) the claim got to the point where i was asked if i would like to settle. By this point i was fed up of
    what should have been a very straight forward case taking so long so i said yes i am ready to settle. weeks later my fist offer came back
    an offer of £775 before solicitors fees. My solicitor is advising me to say not and counter offer for £2100. I think that this is extremely low.
    even more so after reading reviews from other clients of my solicitors who have said things like " this solicitor does not fight for you they get the
    lowest possible amount, it's like they work for the other insurer " there are many reviews like this, In fact their are hundreds of really bad reviews
    on trust pilot about them. I have also googled how much a claim like mine should be worth and it comes back around £4000 to £7000 on average.

What i would like to know based on my description of the accident is. Do you think my solicitor is low balling me and not fighting for the compensation
    i deserve? I have tried to change solicitor but no firms ive contacted so far are willing to accept my claim at such a late stage. My wife has a claim with the same
    solicitor as she was my passenger in this case, her claim is not as far along as mine and is more complex due to psychiatric evaluations needing to be done for
    the trauma it caused her. i am hoping she will be able to change as her case is not as far along.

I appreciate any advice you can offer me

Thank you all.
    Tags: None

Hi Portal

Can you sort your sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi Portal

Can you sort your sentences.
      They look ok to me?

Comment

Originally posted by portalguy223 View Post

They look ok to me?
        You just need to go in and edit, it's difficult to read. They aren't complete sentences.

Comment

His writing may not be perfect, but it is comprehensible.

Portal: Find the Judicial Studies Board guidelines for damages in personal injury cases, and see how your injuries measure up.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

You just need to go in and edit, it's difficult to read. They aren't complete sentences.
            Ah thank you. appreciate it

Comment

ahh most likely my dyslexia I thought it had messed up for a sec

Comment

Originally posted by portalguy223 View Post

ahh most likely my dyslexia I thought it had messed up for a sec
                It happen when you copy and paste text directly from Word, if you copy it from word, then paste it into notepad, then onto this thread, it won't happen. It's difficult to read.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X