• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Injured at my gym

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injured at my gym

Hi, I was injured at my gym and have become aware of a licence the gym owner has with the PT that caused my injury.

The licence has all sorts of content in it including dictating how much the PT should charge, advising of absence, networking anywhere else etc etc, but also
    states that the PT is not employed by the gym, ie they don't pay their salary etc, and are not liable for any claims against the PT etc.

The issue I have is that while the licence may act as a disclaimer for the gym owner, it wasn't signed!!!

Given the licence is therefore invalid does that now make the gym owner liable?

Also the injury log completed by the gym manager was completed without advising that the the PT was a contractor. There is a section which is required within the injury log that requires
    any details to be complete for a contractor, but the club manager clearly knew the PT was effectively an employee and didn't complete this section.

Can anyone advise what happens in circumstances like these. The club are clearly trying to wash theirs hands of the PT re their legal responsibilities, yet even the PT said if I want his personal insurance details I had to contact the club, so there is a really muddy/unclear line here, when trying to define if the PT is actually a gym employee or not. Another point which may help is that although I had
    numerous training sessions with the same PT, I was never provided with an invoice which makes me suspicious re his tax position as well.

Because the club and PT relationship is very muddy, I am concerned that the Owner Liability Act 1957 is being confused in the clubs response as well. They are simply focusing on the suitability and quality of their equipment, but are overlooking their duties to their 'visitors' i.e. me where by they have not ensured their PT is suitably trained etc

Also the clubs advertising also states 'their' PTs on their website and the photos used for each PT is in a club branded 'uniform'

Any help much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Why have you started another thread?

Comment

Please don't answer a question with a question its very annoying.

Why are you replying to my question of you can't contribute?

Comment

Originally posted by NOCAB View Post
        Please don't answer a question with a question its very annoying.

Why are you replying to my question of you can't contribute?
        Because this site has 'protocols' one of them is start a thread and keep to it. It makes sense to continue on the existing thread so members can see what has been advised previously. Rather then provide the same advice which has already been provided.

I suppose 'Please don't answer a question with a question its very annoying.' is as annoying as members starting another thread when they already have an existing thread.

Comment

NOCAB

Hi - isn't this the fourth thread you've created on this topic? (It was explained to you last year that keeping on starting new threads simply leads to posters wasting their time giving you advice that has already been given by others. Or posters who recognise your situation and username can't be bothered replying to you - which wastes your time... )

As I said last year in your second thread, the last we'd heard was that you had both a solicitor and a barrister lined up to pursue your claim, so what has happened to them since your original thread petered out? You should be asking their advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Manxman View Post
            NOCAB

Hi - isn't this the fourth thread you've created on this topic? (It was explained to you last year that keeping on starting new threads simply leads to posters wasting their time giving you advice that has already been given by others. Or posters who recognise your situation and username can't be bothered replying to you - which wastes your time... )

As I said last year in your second thread, the last we'd heard was that you had both a solicitor and a barrister lined up to pursue your claim, so what has happened to them since your original thread petered out? You should be asking their advice.
            And another one, if you can't help, jog on

Comment

You know what, there are so many knob heads on here, that know nothing about anything, it's not really worth it. It's an ego trip for most, and others are just
              mouthy fools that just like the sound of their own voices, so I will stick with people who actually know what they are talking about rather than pricks that pretend.

Cheers.

Comment

Ah. So I can assume that your thanks for my posts two years ago were neither sincere nor genuine...

Good luck with MalMonroe et al.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X