• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal injury claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal injury claim

I was involved in a car accident back in Sept last year. My car was written off by a bin lorry. The lorry driver admitted full liability.
    I was contacted by a solicitor saying the other driver had made a personal injury claim so therefore if he had sustained injury they wanted to know what mine were too.
    I explained I had suffered whiplash & my gp had referred me for physio.
    The solicitor then proceeded with a claim on my behalf, although I never signed any documents agreeing to this.
    Third party have now offered a settlement, however as I have not signed any previous paperwork the solicitor is now adamant I accept & sign the document which also states that they can take 25% of my settlement offer plus £300 fees.
    Can anyone advise me where do I stand with this please?
    Tags: None

Hi BIRD2577

Did you have any prior contact with the solicitor? (before 'I was contacted by a solicitor saying the other driver had made a personal injury claim')

I'm not saying this is the case here, but the above does sound strange, here's some info - https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/gu...injury-claims/

Comment

No there was no prior contact.

Comment

I have received a letter off maidstone solicitors now stating I must accept the offer that has been made by third party & also sign & agree to paying the solicitor charges of 25% plus fees, or if I do not accept i will still be liable & they will require payment in full of nearly £5,000.
        I asked for copies of all documents including any signed documents. They have admitted I have not signed any documents agreeing to them & their charges, however they are still saying I am liable for costs.
        can anyone shed any light on this for me please?
        ( I did contact the company dealing with the third party insurers , however they are saying they can not send me the direct offer due to the injuries I sustained & because I needed physio etc. It has to be done through a solicitor.

Comment

I'm sure other members will advise shortly, there is document you should have been sent before they acted on your behalf.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X