• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newbie with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with a question

Hello everyone I have a question on a workplace accident. My foot was run over by a forklift and it resulted in the amputation of all toes on one foot I had zero fault for the accident and I believe the forklift driver was on drugs at time of accident
    . My question is do I have a case? My life has been drastically changed and struggle doing every day things and if so how much would a case such as mine bring? Thanks and any help would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Do you have a union that can assist you?
    You can't prove that the forklift driver was on drugs, but can say you think they were driving it whilst impaired.
    Get all your documentation together and speak to a personal injury solicitor or a workplace accident solicitor.
    Your firm should have logged all the details of the accident in an official log, ask for a copy.
    Your damages would be based on what you were able to do before the accident and cannot do now. E.G A ballerina would get more compensation than a housewife as they would take into account the loss of future earnings.
    Check your household/car insurance, if you have any, as they sometimes cover you for personal injury.
    Hope this is of use to you.
    Good luck with this.

Comment

Thank you for your reply no I don't have a union but the driver of the forklift was drug tested as was I because of being involved in a workplace accident and the driver was let go for failing?

Comment

Get the report and get onto a accident solicitor. Check your insurance as mentioned above.
        If the ddriver was let go for failing a drugs test there is reason to believe thay were impaired. You need to do this as as soon as possible.

Comment

Was the accident over 3 years ago? If not, you should definitely make a claim. Even if it was a simple accident your employer could be considered vicariously liable so it's definitely worth pursuing - good luck!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X