• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suing my Solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suing my Solicitor

Hi all. I am sitting on a private recording of myself and my solicitor. I had some suspicion that solicitor was attempting to defraud me prior to our meeting in January 2020. My suspicions were confirmed when he attempted to charge to MY bill a £500 additional costs fee. He said " the government have shifted the costs to the client". He went into great lengths to convince me of the fact. When I got home and googled it I could find nothing, so I wrote and told him so. Then he wrote to me to say that £500 additional costs are from the defendant and not me !!! ( This is one of many lies ). He is refusing to release the money with some stupid excuses about he is still dealing with a problem. This has dragged on for some 5 years now. I have told him we are going to court in 14 days unless he pays my money. I cannot use the recording, but, I am sitting on evidence and I have given vague hints of his many quotes, at our meeting, in letters that I have written back to solicitor.
    What is the judge going to say and do ?
    Tags: None

it depends on the previous litigation (?); if the solicitor had acted for you and lost (as example); then the judge could have awarded the defendant costs to be paid by "claimant" at that time; thus the contract (which you entered into) would have to be looked into regarding where said liability of cost fell (there is more than legitimate ground of argument that you should be made aware of this here, but it is complicated).

are any points in the above speculative paragraph true / applicable to the situation ?

kind regards.

Comment

If this is to do with your previous posts about a PI claim, have you read CPR 44 (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es-about-costs)
      Para 13 onwards might be to what your solicitor refers*

Comment

Originally posted by satsuma View Post
        it depends on the previous litigation (?); if the solicitor had acted for you and lost (as example); then the judge could have awarded the defendant costs to be paid by "claimant" at that time; thus the contract (which you entered into) would have to be looked into regarding where said liability of cost fell (there is more than legitimate ground of argument that you should be made aware of this here, but it is complicated).

are any points in the above speculative paragraph true / applicable to the situation ?

kind regards.
        Hi sorry I am late.....I have no idea what you just wrote ! Perplexed, sorry ...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X