• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Injury by a health supplement - Money Claim Online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Injury by a health supplement - Money Claim Online

Hello
    I was made very ill ill by a supplement I bought over the internet and ultimately lost my job.
    I wish to file for compensation from the trader/distributor.
    I have explained my case to numerous Solicitors and none will take it on as they claim it will be difficult to prove causation.
    This I understand but I cannot simply sit back and let the distributor/trader get away with continuing to sell a dangerous product and the effects on me have been so serious I strongly feel I should be compensated financially.
    My GP is unsupportive in putting any gravitas to my claim.
    So I have decided to go it alone and make a claim myself, i have written letters to the distributor/trader which so far have been ignored (6 weeks since the first although I do admit the current lockdown may be slowing things up)
    I prepared my case on the Government Money Claim Online site but then read a guide that this process cannot be used for accident or injury.
    Is what has happened to me classed as accident or injury?, can I still use Money Claim online?? , if not what can I do? I called a helpline recently and they said I ahd to use an N1 Form??
    Tags: None

report them to trading standards ?

Comment

Of course, you can expect compensation, but you must prove that the product you bought was of poor quality and that it affected your health. In General, I recommend that you check the sources from which you buy food supplements, vitamins, and so on, as this can very seriously affect your body. I usually use https://www.nhc.com/brand/plant-therapy , since I read good reviews about it. In fact, Government Money Claim Online should take this case, as it is just obvious that this case is not an accident. Try applying there again.
      Last edited by Paul Davis; 5th December 2020, 02:11:AM.

Comment

Perhaps they will want to avoid publicity. I suggest advising, not threatening, then that you will go to the media unless the matter can be resolved.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X