• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court action

Hi Everyone, hope you can help me. My solicitor has been acting for me for 3 years now in ref. to 2 RTA's. Now I find he is deliberately prolonging the matter and I have proof of his fabrications to do this. *I have made 3 attempts to finalise and written complaints letters to him. Now I am ready to go to court. The total claimed is £11000...£6000 for RTA 1 and £10850 for RTA 2 out of which he must take his fee, ( £20% +VAT ). My question is do I go to County Court or because the total is more than £10000 go to..... where ? Thanks for any suggestions. *dave
    Tags: None

Is this the same issue as the three other threads you have started where your current solicitor won't release compensation to you because you still owe fees to the solicitor who acted for you previously?

AIUI this sort of situation is quite common where a client swaps solicitors and there is a dispute about fees owing to the original solicitor.* Have you sought advice as to whether the original solicitors fees are legitimate?* (I think it may be a bit foolish to threaten to sue a solicitor unless you are pretty certain you are right).

Comment

Ok Manxman a lot has happened since I last came here. You are spot on with your " where a client swaps solicitors......" I actually taped a conversation that I had with the current solicitor, in January 2020. The first solicitors that I had are now finished with, they are out of the equation and I owe them nothing. On the recording my new solicitor has actually lied about his fee, when I wrote to him about that fee he wrote back and changed what he actually said, now I have, in writing, the truth about the "fee" and its completely different what I have on tape about the "fee". I am applying to county court next Friday. He lied a few times actually but I only have evidence to the one...."fee". However he still maintains he is concluding business but I believe it has concluded about 15 months ago and all he is trying to do is extract more money from me. I am now in the process of trying to find out if I can use the recording in court ....via a "transcript" ...*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X