• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Had an operation which didn't go to well.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an operation which didn't go to well.

Hi I had an operation which has left me in a worse position, than before it was done. It was around 12 months ago and I now need another operation to correct what went wrong. I have spoken with a solicitorsÂ*who sent me pages of costings etc. Reading through it looked as if the costs are 25%, or 2 of the are 3 components; pain suffering, future costs, past losses etc. I was surprised to find out that there were even more costs on top of those, should I win. I would then have to cover the remaining 30% of my teams legal costs, plus an insurance premium, which can be 25%, plus the other above. I just wondered is this normality or would I be better looking around. Sorry I dont have any experience on legal cases and what they cost. Looking at the above I'm not sure who will be the winner on this one, by the time all of their charges are taken out. Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

No win, no fee agreements do not mean no fees. There's a limited amount that can be recovered from the defendants, so it can be necessary for you to give up part of your winnings to pay fees and insurance.

The equation depends partially on how likely the solicitors think it is that you will win your case. The fact that you are unfortunately worse off after the operation does not necessarily mean that anybody was negligent, and generally you have to prove negligence to win.

I strongly recommend that you shop around, to get quotes from different solicitors. Can I ask whom you have consulted so far?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X