• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice about a solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice about a solicitor

I had an RTA 3 years ago and I hired a solicitor to deal for me. It was not going too well with them. Then I had another accident and I duly informed the solicitor, it then became obvious that we were not getting on, I left and hired another solicitor. My new solicitor has now resolved everything but is withholding money, in his words...."At the moment my hands are tied as i have provided undertakings with your previous solicitors not to release monies until issue is resolved between you and them".
    Clearly I am not happy my solicitor has done this and I need to contact old solicitors, what do I say and/or do ? what do I say ? What course of action should I take ?
    Thanks for any help offered.
    dave.
    Tags: None

What issue remains unsettled between you and your originally instructed solicitors?

Comment

First of all - you need to look at the letters from the previous solicitors regarding who fired who so as to speak. If they (solicitors)ended the agreement (I assume it was a no win no fee) then they have problems as per the recent case cut and pasted below. That is what you are trying to find out. Usually in each case that is transferred, a lien of costs is preserved and the new solicitor provides an undertaking. If it transpires that their liens are genuine - I'm afraid, that you may need your current solicitor to cut a deal as your compensation is going to be eaten up.

Comment

Sorry - this is the case. Walsh v Greystone Financial Services Ltd [2019] EWHC 2573 (Ch)

Comment

Sorry Sttony, cannot read all that stuff. Simple answers only for me.

Comment

Originally posted by daabren View Post
            Sorry Sttony, cannot read all that stuff. Simple answers only for me.

Then I gather you are at square 1 then...*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X