• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal injury claim and new accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal injury claim and new accident

Hi folks

I have a slightly unusual one, I was in an accident which was no fault of my own last December - car was a write off and I suffered extreme whiplash and loss of earnings. I still have an ongoing claim (have been waiting for reports etc) however my car which I bought in December to replace the written off vehicle, has literally been burned out on the motorway yesterday (beyond repair as there is nothing left). My question is, does this affect my ongoing claim and should I notify my legal representatives?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Talk about unlucky!

The new incident is a new claim and (assuming no aggravation of your existing conditions) will have no affect on your existing claim

Comment

des8 Very much so! And still very shaken, we are still on our way home.

Do you happen to know what the chances are taking the manufacturers to court? We have just noticed that the model of cars have had recalls but we were never notified, we just need to get home and check the VIN. But from reading other articles, it seems very much the same fault has happened.

Comment

You have just purchased the car?
        Did you check if it was subject to a recall?
        Could a recall notice have been issued and the previous owner ignored it?

Comment

des8 Finally got home and checked, nothing has came up against the Vin number!

Comment

I purchased the car in December, it has recently gone through a. Major service and passed its MOT. We were recently on holiday and did a long distance to Heathrow which was fine, upon collecting the car at meet & greet when we returned the fire happened when we drove away.

Comment

I would suggest you initiate contact with the manufacturer, but would not expect miracles, unless this is a model which has had wide publicity because of a fault.
              Also notify your insurers and make a claim

Comment

Consulting this issue with an experienced lawyer is not a bad idea. Most of the lawyers offer free advice without any obligation. Did you file the personal injury compensations?
                Last edited by victorross; 19th September 2019, 10:14:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X