• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cycling accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycling accident

Hi I wanted to get some other perspectives on a cycling accident I had a while back, which my solicitors decided not to run due to low prospects of success.

Essentially I was cycling home in peak hour traffic. The car in front of me had crashed into the rear of another car, which had stopped quite suddenly in the line of traffic as the driver thought a van was going to pull out, which it didn't.

As the car in front of me had crashed, and I had no idea the other car in front of it was stopping (I only realised after seeing video footage from a CCTV operating locally), I didn't manage to brake in time and crashed into the rear window of the second car, sustaining facial injuries and broken teeth.

Now I understand typically a car that hits another in a rear is 'always' held at fault, but I don't feel my solicitors took heed of case law such as Foster v Maguire & Irwell, where a cyclist riding head down who hit a parked van and trailer in the cycle lane was held to be 70% at fault rather than 100%, showing that courts tend to be more sympathetic to cyclists.
    Tags: None

Hi Fllegend,

Sorry to hear about your incident. But there isn't your mistake and felt that you should say for your injury claim. The best thing is that you have the CCTV footage through which you can get your claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X