• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Withdrawing an offer of compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawing an offer of compensation

Hi, I have claim against my employers insurance and today received an out of court offer of £15000. I sent an email to my no win no fee solicitor and he sent me an email back saying the insurance company have said they made the offer in error and have withdrawn it. Is this possible
    Tags: None

Meant to say I sent an email accepting the offer

Comment

Did the offer say it was open for acceptance for a certain period of time?

If it was an obvious blunder (for example you were claiming £2000 and they meant to offer you £1500, but typed an extra 0 by mistake) you could not enforce it.

Comment

Originally posted by longlily View Post
        Meant to say I sent an email accepting the offer
        Well done.

Presumably you did that before the offer was withdrawn? But, I assume it was an obvious blunder on the insurers' part?

Comment

i sent my solicitor the acceptance offer by email, and posted the paper version. It was after the offer was accepted, that they said it was an error. My solicitor informed a barrister who said the insurers will have to go to court to formally withdraw the offer, and that we will obviously contest that. I am not aware of what the error was though

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X