• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issues With Voluntary Termination And The Ombudsman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issues With Voluntary Termination And The Ombudsman

Hi Rob

This is what I've sent back.

In light of your further comments made, I would also like to remind you and add that in regards to the signing of the VT documents, there is no specific reference in the agreement that I'm required to sign any documents prior to the agreement being terminated. This is because as I have pointed out in my email, to do so would be inconsistent with my rights. If you still disagree and uphold your initial findings, I would like a clear explanation as to why you believe the agreement did not terminate until signing the documents despite there being no reference in the contract to do so.

I would also like to point out that the agreement is contradictory in its self, please see the other document attached which is part of my contract. It clearly states that as long as I have taken reasonable care of the goods I will not have to pay anymore.

"you have the right to end this agreement. To do so, you should put it in writing to the person you make payments to. They will then be entitled to the return of the goods and to half the total amount payable under this agreement That is £xxxx.xx. If you have paid at least this amount plus any overdue installments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay any more."

Thanks

Jon

Comment

Sounds good to me, although if that's all of your email you didn't answer his question as to the signed agreement lol.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

No it was on the one I sent lol let's see what happens next ....

Jon

Comment

Hi Rob,

The ombudsman has found in my favour and after a gentle reminder of the stress this has caused Barclays have decided to squash the debt, remove all negative impact on my credit file and offered a pretty decent amount in compensation. I thank you again for taking the time to help me with this and if there is any information I can give that could help people in the future please let me know.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by hotdog004 View Post
            Hi Rob,

The ombudsman has found in my favour and after a gentle reminder of the stress this has caused Barclays have decided to squash the debt, remove all negative impact on my credit file and offered a pretty decent amount in compensation. I thank you again for taking the time to help me with this and if there is any information I can give that could help people in the future please let me know.

Jon
            HI Jon,

Great stuff, have you accepted their decision? If so, do you have a letter confirming the above that you could provide me with as it would be useful to use and help with other consumers who are in the same situation as yourself. Being able to refer to another Ombudsman decision which agrees with you will make things alot easier!
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X