• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warranty on used cars question please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty on used cars question please?

I am curious, when you purchase a used car from the direct dealer for eg, FORD, is the warranty you have that comes along with it free? for eg, 6 months? or is that charged to customers?

I understand if you want to extend it then you pay out of your own pocket but wondered about the other above, thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Warranty on used cars question please?

If it is a Ford Direct vehicle you are buying from an approved Ford dealer the it should be included as below

Ford Direct approved used car warranty
    For that added confidence on the road
    Our cars are built to last, so even Ford Direct approved used cars come with a two year comprehensive unlimited mileage warranty. This means you can drive with confidence, knowing you’re protected against the unlikely event of any mechanical failure. You’re also covered by our Ford Assistance roadside rescue, repair and recovery service.

Confidence and comprehensive coverage

Every Ford Direct car is backed by our two-year comprehensive unlimited mileage warranty included in the price you pay for the vehicle. Not only do you have the reassurance of the manufacturer’s own warranty, but there are no limits on the number of claims you can make.

Your warranty also includes two years’ Ford Assistance cover from the date of sale. This is a roadside rescue, repair and recovery service that helps you at home or anywhere in Europe, seven days a week, 365 days a year. In the event of a breakdown, you make one call to us and we’ll get someone out to help you on your way.

What's covered

Exclusions

Enjoy worry-free motoring with Ford Assistance
    Find out more

Spread the cost of servicing with Service Assure
    Find out more

Read about Ford used car extended warranties
    Find out more

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Yes it's a ford (ex mobility car) 2litre turbo Ford Focus and somehow digging out hubby's paperwork it was charged within then total .

I will double check on this, thanks for the info x

Comment

If i get the chance later, I will post up the details, the car was paid in full (not finance), but there are other stuff listed in the price list as well, such as warranty.

Comment

Help!

I go to advance then upload my document from my browser, then click "upload" but nothing is happening!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Help!

I go to advance then upload my document from my browser, then click "upload" but nothing is happening!
            Is it in one of the listed formats? (there's a little list there and if it's in a different one it doesn't work)

Comment

Thank you, it says this.......

Used Car Warranty.JPG - The Dimension limits for this filetype are 800 x 1000. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 2536 x 3510.

Comment

You could put it in one of the other formats listed (sorry not a techie - just have had the same problem before now) x

Comment

Got it, just resized it, I'm not very good at doing this but should still see all the info lol.

Used Car Warranty details, now do you think hubby was charged the 3 months warranty? or am i seeing things? lol thanks. x
                  Attached Files

Comment

Certainly looks like it to me - they've even put VAT on it as a separate item. x

Comment

Thank you, just wish he had shown me his paperwork when he had this, I been doing a lot of sorting out on paperwork and came across this then realised.

Comment

It certainly doesn't look the rosy deal Tools has posted above! Maybe one of the motorheads on here will see it differently..:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

He purchased in 2010, wonder if I should raise this up on his behalf to Ford's? x

Comment

Thank you MissFM, see what Tools etc think first as well, thanks for your input though, I thought maybe it was my eyes lol xx:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

What could possibly go wrong?:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X