• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal or Illegal Repossession???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal or Illegal Repossession???

Hi All,

I hope you are having a good Tuesday?

I have been asked by a friend of mine, (I am becoming renowned in my social circle for researching legal hypothesis now!!! )

Anyways;

Friend A took out finance for a car which he then allowed friend B to use as his own.

Friend B had to tax the car and as such registered the car in his name as he needed too for the insurance etc. (policy holder must be registered keeper?)

Friend B maintained the payments for over a year without issue but then lost his job and was unable to make the full months payment.

The finance company found out that Friend A did not have the car at his disposal and took photographs of said car on friend B's driveway!!

The finance company then decided to repossess the car from the driveway of friend B on the grounds that Friend A did not have use of the car (they made friend A sign a voluntary termination under duress - Apparently, the phrase used was, 'sign this now or we will come back with a warrant to seize the car'!) While Friend A could have had use of the car if he so wished at anytime.

They have asked me to find out if the finance company has broken any laws by repossessing this car (it was only a month in arrears) from friend B's driveway and what recourse they should follow.

Many Thanks
    PB
    Tags: None

Re: Legal or Illegal Repossession???

what does it mention in the T's and C's ?
    Is the loan specifically tied to the car or just a personal loan?
    and are they regulated by the FSA?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X