• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car insurance query, not sure what to do now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car insurance query, not sure what to do now?

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
    Something still does not add up here?

I agree with Des8 with his points and also are you still waiting for the CEO to get back to you or is this the Manager who is stepping in with this.

I think someone at their end has made a whopper of a mistake, why else would they drop £6k and give you a measly £100 compensation..... still makes no sense and why is the policy to be cancelled at 9 months and why not for the year that this contract was taken out for?

Again, I would press the CEO to sort this out to your sons satisfaction.
    They cannot prove one way or the other that your son has exceeded the mileage allowance. Does your son drive excessively and what was the mileage agreed at for this policy and what mileage had he done?
    Hi, i don't think there's much chance of the CEO replying so rang to speak to a manager as need to sort more insurance for him, we were given the option of paying for the increased mileage which they say is 6000 but he chose 3000 average mileage so it doubled but most was done when he was learning as his dad would take him out as often as he could, they said he can't have his full 12 months as we have agreed to cancel as we cannot afford to pay such excessive amount but he has paid the policy in full now as we paid a deposit and he had 10 payments. He said he hasn't done the full year as it starts again on 1 feb.
    They said he should have kept an eye on his mileage but I suppose in hind sight we shouldn't have trusted there system to contact us.
    thanks again

Comment

I'm becoming more confused.
      I've searched Equity Red Star's web site and can find no trace of a limited mileage policy.
      If you can post up copies of all documents (suitably redacted so no personal info shows) I'll look into it further.
      I just do not understand AF seemingly writing off £6000 when it would not be theirs to write off. If premium is due it belongs to the insurance company, and whilst many moons ago underwriters would do favours for brokers and vice versa I do not see this as being that sort of situation.

Just seen your last post, Tomoland, and it is becoming a bit clearer.
      You have paid the original annual premium in full. The underwiters would not return any premium if you cancelled after only ten months (short term premium rates apply). I am assuming the broker has fouled up somewhere along the line and this gives him a way out without having to grovel.
      Last edited by des8; 1st November 2013, 17:30:PM. Reason: crossed posts

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        I'm becoming more confused.
        I've searched Equity Red Star's web site and can find no trace of a limited mileage policy.
        If you can post up copies of all documents (suitably redacted so no personal info shows) I'll look into it further.
        I just do not understand AF seemingly writing off £6000 when it would not be theirs to write off. If premium is due it belongs to the insurance company, and whilst many moons ago underwriters would do favours for brokers and vice versa I do not see this as being that sort of situation.

Just seen your last post, Tomoland, and it is becoming a bit clearer.
        You have paid the original annual premium in full. The underwiters would not return any premium if you cancelled after only ten months (short term premium rates apply). I am assuming the broker has fouled up somewhere along the line and this gives him a way out without having to grovel.
        Hi, yes he paid monthly and had made last payment and this is what has upset him as he was only 2 months from being able to claim his 1 yr no claims. The £100 was a gesture of goodwill and policy now cancelled but renewal was 1 feb 2013.
        dont think there's much more il get off AF now and back to the drawing board for more insurance,found a black box insurance that doesn't limit mileage but reviews policy every 3 months and discounts given if driven well and vice versa, still over £3000 as won't accept the 9 months claim free driving

Comment

Forgive me if you've already answered this, but do you have written confirmation that a text would be sent, or was it just something that was done as 'an extra' out of goodwill?

Comment

How very convenient for the company. One for Watchdog perhaps.

Comment

Certainly something smells.
              No insurer would waive that amount of extra premium.
              IMO the broker has fouled up somewhere and the insurer is unaware, and now the broker is heaving a sigh of relief.

On the other hand the Op's son has avoided £6000 additional premium at the cost of one years bonus.
              Not a bad deal really, and from that aspect best to leave sleeping dogs lie:beagle2222:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X