• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT my car.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VT my car.

Thanks once again andy58.

I get it sent recorded tomorrow.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Comment

Sorry to bump this.

I handed the car back on the 13/09/2013. Heard nothing from them until today, received an email to contact the Finance Company by phone quoting the Ref No. contained in the email.

I haven't replied or phone yet.

Just want to know what I should next.

The condition report had the following on it
      Damage Area Damage Severity Action Value (£)
      Front Bumper Poor Repair 1/3 Panel Smart Repair 64.00
      L Front Door Dent 30-100mm Repair and Refinish 1 213.50
      R Front Door Dent 30-100mm PDR over 75mm 85.00

Like an idiot I signed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carroll77 View Post
        Sorry to bump this.

I handed the car back on the 13/09/2013. Heard nothing from them until today, received an email to contact the Finance Company by phone quoting the Ref No. contained in the email.

Are you sure you did?

Comment

Sorry to bump this.

OK presumably they did not itemize the amounts just the "damage". You will have to have a couple of drinks before the call and negotiate.

The damage although there, was consistent with what you would expect on a car of its age, this is all that is required under the consumer credit act, also any marks that were there when you bought the car are not your problem.

If you are feeling generous offer them a token sum, but do not give way to any threats, they have to prove in court that you owe the money before they can do anything whatever they say.

If they threaten to default you on your credit file, tell them that if they do on a disputed debt you will sue.

It is just a game to them you must treat it the same way, let us know how you get on.

Comment

Oh and be prepared to hang up without the mater being resolved. They will undoubtedly write, you just have to stick to your gins.

Comment

The items listed was under Damage Assessment. The total came to £362.50.

The two lesser items were on the car when I bought it. However I have no proof (same as they have no proof that I caused the damage). The main damage is a dent on the "swedge" of the door, hence the £213.50 quoted. I've took photos of the car after the assessment.

If I phone can/should I insist on sending me correspondence in writing rather than over the phone?

How much if anything am I liable to pay and could I insist on seeing receipts for work done (if any was done.)

Thanks for previous reply.

Comment

The items listed was under Damage Assessment. The total came to £362.50.

The two lesser items were on the car when I bought it. However I have no proof (same as they have no proof that I caused the damage). The main damage is a dent on the "swedge" of the door, hence the £213.50 quoted. I've took photos of the car after the assessment.

If I phone can/should I insist on sending me correspondence in writing rather than over the phone?

How much if anything am I liable to pay and could I insist on seeing receipts for work done (if any was done.)

Thanks for previous reply.
                Yes you can do whatever you want, you are in charge not them. What are they going to do, give you the car back?

If there was damage on the car when you bought it tell them.

The last car i VTd myself i received a bill for just under 2.5K, complete rubbish there was not a mark on it. They got nadda, eventually i received a letter saying that they had decided not to pursue the matter any further, very good of them.

The chap you speak to will be on a percentage commission for every pound he gets out of you.
                Last edited by andy58; 22nd January 2014, 09:06:AM.

Comment

Thanks once again andy58.

Comment

don't mention it, and don't forget you in charge, if you feel uncomfortable just tell them to send a bill and hang up.

Comment

Sorry one more thing, if you do decide to ring them and they do not already have your number, do not forget to with-hold it before dialing.

Comment

Interesting call.

Basically the short story is that I have to pay £41.92 due to the shortfall of the auction price. This is what is left of the damage assessment.

They wanted me to pay it there and then over the phone and this would close the account. I said that I couldn't as I did not get paid till the end of the month.

They then sent me bank details in an email as I asked for an explanation of the shortfall as they didn't explain it properly at first.

Personally I feel that £41.92 is a fair price for the damage as it would cost more than that for the dent on the door (£213.50 quoted on the condition report.)

Just wanted to know if I should pay them over the phone or go to my bank with their banking details.

Comment

Interesting call.

Basically the short story is that I have to pay £41.92 due to the shortfall of the auction price. This is what is left of the damage assessment.

They wanted me to pay it there and then over the phone and this would close the account. I said that I couldn't as I did not get paid till the end of the month.

They then sent me bank details in an email as I asked for an explanation of the shortfall as they didn't explain it properly at first.

Personally I feel that £41.92 is a fair price for the damage as it would cost more than that for the dent on the door (£213.50 quoted on the condition report.)

Just wanted to know if I should pay them over the phone or go to my bank with their banking details.
                          As long as you are happy, it sounds about right.

I would hesitate about paying over the phone for anything TBH, if you have their bank details I would probably do it on line, send an email as well stating that a payment has been made as required and that this was a full and complete settlement of the account as agreed, and ask them to confirm that the account was now closed as per the earlier telephone conversation.

Comment

Thanks andy58. I was thinking of doing this as I was wary of them having my bank details.

Also I've phoned from my work and as far as I know, all calls are recorded.

Thanks,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X