• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

used car bought less than 6 days fault refused refund?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used car bought less than 6 days fault refused refund?

Hi, im wondering if anyone could help me, i bought a renault megane estate 54 plate on the 17th dec 2012, i'd gone to look at the car on the 16th after seeing the ad on auto trader, i rang the dealer met at his house and was taken to a farm where the veichle was being kept, he said i couldnt look at it at his house due to selling regs on a sunday? or something similar, anyway i went to look at the car took it out on a test drive and all seemed fine, so i paid a £200 cash deposit and agreed he would part ex my previous car an i would pay the balance in cash the next morning when i came to collect the car. I picked the car up the day after ( he fitted a new battery for me as it had gone flat) signed forms handed over cash etc all was well. I noticed the day after whilst going through all the buttons etc that the drivers window wouldnt go down, all the others worked fine so i thought id leave it until after xmas as its under warrenty anyway. On the 22nd i took the car out late picked up a christmas shop came home and it was parked outside the house, i come to use the car the next morning and find the drivers window is all the way down? after it not working at all this stumped me so i got in turned on the engine and tried to get the window to go up, and it wouldn't shift, i looked on google for any fixes etc and found this is a common problem with this particular car. So i rang the dealer i got the car form asked for a refund he said no you cant have a car then change your mind even if it has a fault but i will fix it for you but not until after christmas, so i got a friend to come out (mechanic) he came and managed to manually get the window up, removed all the fuses so they stayed up. I dropped the car off with the dealer after new years to fix now not only the window but the fact that water is collecting inside the door compartment and also a knocking when driving. He took the car said he re wired the switch in the window got it working but said it needs a new switch and put plastic bags inside the doors to make seals to stop the water gathering inside the door ( apparently another common fault with renaults) and the knocking he thinks is the brand new exhaust that was fitted ? i drie the car home it sits for a day then we drive to do a quick tip run and to the shop all fine, come out form the shop to find the window is down yet again and wont go back up. I paid £1895 for this car ( £600 coming from part x) the rest in cash, now i just wondered if anyone could tell me if this is deemed a serious enough fault to get a refund as i keep having to take the piece of junk back to him for him to give some crappy excuse and say he will fix it, i just want to get the money back i paid ( he sold on my old car v quickly for a £350 profit pfftt) i just wondered under the sales of goods act whether this would be deemed as " not fit for purpose" , its also parked on a road outside the house as i dont have a drive and obviously invalidates my isurance.

I would be very greatful for any help ( this is really stressing me out)
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X