• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hi all....I am gswin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi all....I am gswin

Hi all. My son received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye claiming he had overstayed limit by 53 mins. He and my other son had been working a Boardmasters festival in Cornwall for the previous two days. they had set off home (Cheshire) and after driving for two hours they decided to park up at services for quick nap.....all signs on motoway say tiredness kill...take a break. They overslept and left car park 53 mins late. I think this is grouds for appeal but previous posts say ignore the letter so I am now confused. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: hi all....I am gswin

Unless a parking fee is chargeable, i.e. Pay and Display, Parking Eye is entitled to absolutely zilch. Do not appeal to Parking Eye. They will do their usual and reject it (No real point of having an appeals process if you're just going to reject appeals whatever.). How much is Parking Eye trying to extort from your son?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. They want £90 or £60 if paid before 28th or £120 if not paid in 20 days

Comment

Unless a Pay and Display fee is payable, in which case they are only entitled to claim the Pay & Display fee, the parking charge notice amounts to a penalty and is not enforceable. Parking Eye know this and rely on people not knowing the law and paying up. They have had a county court judgement go against them, but because it is county court, it does not set a precedent. It did leave Parking Eye around £5,000 out of pocket, though.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          Unless a Pay and Display fee is payable, in which case they are only entitled to claim the Pay & Display fee, the parking charge notice amounts to a penalty and is not enforceable. Parking Eye know this and rely on people not knowing the law and paying up. They have had a county court judgement go against them, but because it is county court, it does not set a precedent. It did leave Parking Eye around £5,000 out of pocket, though.
          Thanks for the advice.......I think I will ignore.....although this is something that goes against my nature.

Comment

Sorry I mean I will ignore letter. Feel such a fool. lNever used a forum b:tinysmile_grin_t:efore

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X