• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another London PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another London PCN

My (same) friend is not having much luck, as another PCN arrived through the post re him doing a U turn and being caught on CCTV

He is a courier, and regularly makes trips to London.
    On Tuesday 5th June (Jubilee Bank Holiday) many of the roads and bridges were closed. Unsure what way to get to Lambeth he stopped and asked a Police Officer. The Policeman said to go down Theobold Road and try to go over either Tower Bridge or London Bridge. He drove down Theobold Road, only to find no exit as that that road was also closed, so did a U turn (he says there werent any signs indicating that U turns were prohibited)

Do you think he has any remote chance of getting this PCN withdrawn?
    Tags: None

Re: Another London PCN

At the risk of asking the obvious, if the road had no exit, how was he supposed to get out without turning round?

Comment

The roads exit was blocked off

Comment

Sorry Cynthesis, I must be missing something really obvious here. If the road's exit was blocked off, your friend had to do a U Turn, they had no option. I would have thought an appeal was pretty much 100% likely to succeed in these circumstances.

It may be that normally one is not allowed to do a U Turn in that road, but this was not a normal day. CCTV would not know that, so would automatically issue a ticket. It needs pointing out.

Comment

sorry Labman, struggling to express myself today. Ifully agree with what you say but just wondered if the powers that be will take the same view, and their likelihood of cancelling the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
            Ifully agree with what you say but just wondered if the powers that be will take the same view, and their likelihood of cancelling the ticket.
            Appeal with your explanation, they may well reject the appeal, but it would almost certainly be successful at adjudication.

Comment

do you know where in Theobalds Road he had to do a U turn hun?

im a native Londoner myself, and I grew up about a 5 min walk from Theobalds Road.. and as far as im aware there are no signs saying no uturns.
              but i can ask my family in London to look. its only a literal 5 min walk.

Comment

Cyn,

please have your friend have a read of this, they may find it helpful and interesting..

much love

Puff

http://www.thecnj.com/camden/060806/news060806_08.htm

Comment

An appeal would have to succeed. You cannot drive out of a road where the exit has been closed off, full stop!

So what do you have to do? Turn around, or make a U Turn. What choice do you have? None.

An appeal must succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    An appeal would have to succeed. You cannot drive out of a road where the exit has been closed off, full stop!

So what do you have to do? Turn around, or make a U Turn. What choice do you have? None.
                    He could have reversed.

An appeal must succeed.
                    One would hope so.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X