• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scrapped Car Still on Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapped Car Still on Finance

Morning All,

Just a little issue i need to clear up before hopefully phoning the police, I have a convertible (or had) and kept it at my grandparents house as I lived with them, - However living in a big house they sold it - to my uncle, who asked me a few times to go and pick it up etc, I said i would obv try, but Ive also gone through a split up and money is a little tight running my own house, so i haven't been able to.

Found out Yesterday VIA Facebook - That hes scrapped it, Funny how I have the Keys and V5 Docs...I was wondering if anybody knows the legalities of this as, It is still on finance being paid for. I really hope that its illegal and i can phone the police to go down there or something because my uncle is just a nasty person in general and has only done it to spite me im afraid.

OPbC
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Re: Scrapped Car Still on Finance

Reading something on Facebook and acting on it before establishing if that event has actually occurred might be unwise.

Comment

Ok thats a fair enough point, but I still need the advice, and It HAS been scrapped its not JUST a Facebook rumor it is genuine!...?

Comment

How long has it been parked/stored at the house under your uncle's ownership?

Did you have an arrangement with him to keep the vehicle there for an indefinite period?

He might well have put that info on Facebook to prompt you into contacting him to remove the car!

AFAIK he would be perfectly entitled to charge you for storage so he might well say that he has sent you bills for same and that as you have not contacted him to arrange collection you have abandoned the car giving him the right to dispose of it.

I hope I'm wrong in the above assumption and that others might have knowledge to say what might have occurred would be unlawful.

Comment

That House was owned by my grandparents when i originall put the car there, Never had an issue and literally have been asked once if i COULD come to move it which i obviously have said i can't yet . SO the length of the car being there isnt cvurrently the issue. He would never charge for storage so i don't see why that has come up, And i havnt abandoned the car, i was at his house 6 months ago talking about it so its just somthing hes decided to do.

Comment

middenmess has brought that up as it is how the courts would look at it you do need to get in touch with the finance co though and check your agreement to see who has title to the car was this an hp agreement ?
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            have you found out yet if the car has been crushed yet who took it indeed many questions to ask so the more info you can give the better answers you will get
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3rd October 2010, 12:13:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe I havnt explained properly, There has never been any aggressiveness over keeping the car there just a once or twice they have asked if it is possible to come get it or let them know, which I did - The agreement is in my and my dads name (as guarantor) - So basically Hes decided that he wants rid and just scrapped it, without any proof of ownership v5 or keys, What would you say I need to look out for with the finance company?

Thanks for advice
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Ok I will try and find out but its 300 miles away so trying to find out who scrapped it might b a little difficult.
              Last edited by PocketTheDifference; 3rd October 2010, 12:19:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just been reading and listening, and have been told/advised...(loosely using that word) that He had could of moved it (legal or not he could get away with it) but criminally damaging my car (i.e Scrappage) you can't do, and if he had a problem with it should have reported it (to me at the very least) Will see where i go from here.

cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X