• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT collection failed to turn up on planned day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT collection failed to turn up on planned day

I was due to have the car collected today, this is 17 days since I received a letter confirming my VT and 25 days after I initially emailed them (and followed up with a letter). I continued to insure as had a confirmed date and this insurance finished today. The tax and MOT run out at the end of the month (so another 3 days). The car is currently parked on the road. I had an email from the collection company this morning to say their driver had called in sick so the vehicle wouldn't be collected today. They offered 10th July and then have later offered 5th July. I called motonovo and they were less than helpful and told me that if the MOT has run out I will be charged accordingly once picked up and the vehicle is my responsibility for tax and insurance until the collect it. I can't see how that can be possible. I have a friend who has offered to let me put it on her drive and I will SORN it. As far as I read it I have given plenty of notice for collection and therefore it is up to them but do I need to confirm in writing that I will leave it on the public road without tax, MOT and insurance? And surely if the car gets taken away (which does happen along this road as I've seen it a couple of times) it will be my responsibility? I'm worried this will just end up costing me a load of money when I've done nothing wrong. Do I move the car off the road and leave it uninsured and no MOT? Or just let them know and hope nothing happens to it in the meantime? Thanks from someone who always likes to follow the rules but doesn't know exactly where the rules sit with this one!
    Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB
    Are you able to return the car to the dealership yourself?
    What do the contract terms and conditions state about returning the car after VT is accepted by the company?
    Some companies charge to pick up the vehicle
    To avoid a possible dispute with the company you should take up your friends offer to park it on her drive and not risk leaving it on the road

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X