• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought a faulty car. Small claims court?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can start your claim using MCOL It's meant to be quicker and simpler than paper claims and saves costs of postage
    A claim is normally allocated to the small claims track if it is under £10k including any interest but excluding court fees

Comment

I have been going through MCOL. It has a section for a brief (PoC), however I cannot find where and how to submit supporting documents (time line, email trails, Independent report).
      Is this something that can be submitted later?

Thanks

Comment

Yes when you write your witness statement. You should cross reference evidence, called exhibits, to your witness statement

Comment

ok, within MCOL, I could only see PoC mentioned. Wasn't sure if witness statement and evidence should be mentioned within the PoC, if it is requested at a later date.

Comment

No need to mention your witness statement. When you receive a court order setting the hearing date you will be directed to exchange and file witness statements and provided with a deadline

Comment

ok, so the proof, evidence and reports are requested later on. That's the part I was not sure about. I don't want to submit anything without handing in my evidence.

Comment

Hi. Q. in MCOL, in the beginning, there is a section ' Briefly explain your claim

Tell us why you believe the defendant owes you money. '
                Is this where you add the PoC, or does that come later? If that is later does this brief section just be a smaller duplicate of PoC?

Comment

Just provide very brief details of your claim and tick the box additional particulars of claim to follow.
                  When the claim is issued to the defendant you will have 14 days to send the defendant the full PoC
                  You should file form N215 but the business centre do not require a copy of the PoC
                  When you receive notice from the court that your claim has been transferred to the county court you have 5 days to file your PoC with the county court

Comment

there is no option to tick a box... (see picture)

Comment

Please google MCOL Guidance for claimants and read "Step 5- Claim particulars" The third para states "you may also send particulars direct to the defendant" Tick this box

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X