• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vt with blackhorse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vt with blackhorse

I am currently going through the vt process with blackhorse.i sent them a Letter signed for and with proof of postage and also spoke to some one on the phone who told me the amount I need to pay to bring me to the vt amount on my credit agreement.i have received an email today acknowledging my request but there is a section attached to the email for me to sign and send back to them that says until they receive my payment and the signed paperwork I am still liable for future payments but I thought once I send them my request to vt and they acknowledge my request I pay the money due and I do not need to sign anything else.am I right in what I am doing.i have read on here that I should not sign anything once I have sent the vt letter
    Tags: None

Anybody???

Comment

Have a read of the link below, which provides some guidance on your rights and what you are or are not required to do. Unfortunately, Black Horse, like many other lenders think they are above the law and try to dictate the law as they please, but you are correct that your VT notice is not contingent on signing any additional documentation and their refusal to process the termination amounts to a material breach of contract. Typically, those forms you are required to sign and return have onerous obligations that you agree to such as being liable for any amount if the vehicle is found to be damaged whereas the law says you are only liable for failure to take reasonable care, which they must prove.

You need to be mindful that they may threaten you with defaults and late payment markers on your credit file and the only real way to resolve that would be to start legal proceedings, usually for breach of data protection because they recorded inaccurate information with credit agencies. The question is whether you are willing to go as far as that or if not, you may want to consider signing the paperwork instead and taking the risk of arguing it later down the line.

A guide to voluntary termination: Your rights - LegalBeagles Forum
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

bang on the button as usual R0b
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thank you for that Rob.i have paid the termination amount of £9151.51 over the phone this morning to black horse and there was no mention of the form been returned to them before they processed the termination.the lady on the phone said the vt department will be in touch over the next couple of days.i have actually filled the form in to send back to them if needed but have also included a note saying I have date stamped photos of the caravan(it's a caravan that finance was on)and the van was maintained by bourne leisure Ltd.the caravan is in perfect used condition.

Comment

Update to my previous post.i have signed the paper work that black horse sent me and posted it back signed for and I have also emailed the same paperwork back to them.lets see how things progress.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X