• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Services and Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Services and Voluntary Termination

Hello,

I have a bit of a dilemma.

Before servicing my car, I input the CURRENT estimated mileage into the Arnold Clark website. Because I booked my service a month in advance, I entered 29000 miles. On the day of the actual service, a month later, my car was serviced at 31000 miles.

The day of the service comes around and the branch has a mass power outage on their network. They input my estimated mileage of 29000 (from the month prior) as the service figure instead of the actual 31000 mileage figure. I never received an invoice due to the network outage, so went on with my life not realising this error had occurred.

I followed my car's service prompt on the dashboard and take the car in for its next service at 41000 miles. There was no system outage this time and the mileage was accurately recorded as 41000 on their database. It is during this service I realise the prior error, but because it is my word against theirs, they said there is nothing they can do.

Basically, if I VT my car in the future, it will look like one service was not serviced under the manufacturer guidelines because there was a 2000 mileage delay in-between services (29000 - 41000 miles is recorded instead of the real 31000 - 41000 miles).

Will this impact me being able to VT the car?

Mike

​​​​
    Tags: None

You should write to the finance company and point out your dilemma. Ask for a reply. Hopefully it won't be a problem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X