• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New engine, now turbo Evans Halshaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New engine, now turbo Evans Halshaw

Hi I bought a car 2020 Vauxhall Astra from evans Halshaw in April 2022 with 7000 miles on the clock. In October of 2022 I had problems getting the car into first gear and took it to Evans Halshaw who diagnosed the car and said it needed a new engine which was covered under warranty, they had my car for 2 weeks and the engine was replaced car had only done 10,000 miles.
    Car passed first mot this year in January no advisory’s, serviced last month. On Saturday I was on the motorway when I light on the dash appeared saying Engine reduced power, I pulled off at services and engine management light came on. Took car back to garage on Tuesday and they now say it needs a new turbo at a cost to me of £2500 as it isn’t now under warranty. The car hasn’t even done 16000 miles now. What do I do surely the car isn’t fit for purpose- evans Halshaw will not do any thing. My car is on finance with Halifax- black horse. I have contacted them by telephone to reject who have 56 days to investigate. Do I drive the car? How can I go with no car for 2 months, I really don’t know what to do but surely I have some legal rights ? Thanks for any help you suggest I’m really desperate
    Tags: None

Hi,

a new engine for a faulty gearbox doesn't sound right. £2500 for a new turbo sounds too much money. If you can take the car elsewhere for a 2nd opinion and quote. Preferably a vauxhall dealer

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X