• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lease Hire (PCH) & learner drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease Hire (PCH) & learner drivers

I am looking to insure my car (lease hire/PCH) for my now 17 year old to learn to drive in and have come across this clause in my lease;

2.15 you must not...... "allow the vehicle to be driven by any person who does not hold a full driving licence or who is not comprehensively insured to drive the vehicle"

Before I waste my time on getting quotes any guidance around the use of the word "or" would be helpful. I read it as though you can insure the vehicle comprehensively for a person with a provisional licence however can you interpret it to say that both parts have to be satisfied?

If it said "and' then that would have been easier to understand.

Fleagle
    Tags: None

Check with the lease company, but I would think they are excluding those who do not hold a full licence and those who are not insured comprehensively.
    I agree it is poorly worded and ambiguous.
    Last edited by des8; 7th October 2022, 19:19:PM. Reason: change "provisional" to "full" .....silly me!

Comment

I think that the 2 are not mutually exclusive. Read it as saying you will not permit the car to be driven by a learner or by someone who does not have fully comprehensive insurance.

"And" would make things more confusing, in my opinion.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I agree with Atti (I really must stop saying that).

Comment

Please don't!
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the replies I've asked the lease company for a definite response but not holding out much hope.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X